KVM Switch Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Port (2-Port, 4-Port, 6-Port, 8-Port, Others), By Configuration (Single Monitor, Multi-Monitor), By Connector Type (HDMI, VGA, DVI, Display Port), By End-User (BFSI, IT & Telecommunications, Government, Education, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Jul 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615840
- Pages : 129
The KVM switch market is projected to show steady growth during the forecast period. A KVM switch is a specialized hardware device designed to enable a user to manage several computers using one or more sets of video monitors, keyboards, and mice. Depending on their specific configuration KVM switches can support either a single monitor or multiple monitors. The prominent drivers of the KVM switch industry growth are the improved data centers establishments, the surge in remote work arrangements, and advancements in technology.
Emerging data centers boost the KVM switch market growth.
KVM switches are widely used in data centers to efficiently manage multiple servers and systems from a central location, enabling streamlined control and increased productivity. Data centers establishment is experiencing a rapid surge due to the exponential growth of digital data and cloud-based services owing to which the need for scalable and agile management solutions becomes paramount. KVM switches offer a cost-effective way to optimize workspace utilization and enhance data security making them an essential component in data centers. According to the International Energy Agency, in 2022, the volume of data center workloads reached 800 million, marking a significant increase of 340% compared to the workload in 2015.
Increasing adoption of remote work bolsters the KVM switch market.
KVM switches are instrumental in remote work arrangements as they enable individuals to manage multiple computers or servers from a singular location, using just one set of a keyboard, video monitor, and mouse. Remote work has surged significantly due to various factors such as the COVID-19 pandemic and changing corporate policies that encourage flexible work arrangements. Hence, as more organizations embrace remote work, the demand for KVM switches increases. As per the report provided by the UK Parliament, in June 2020, approximately 11% of the workforce in Great Britain worked remotely for at least one day, and by September 2022, this percentage had doubled, with 22% of the workforce carrying out their work from home for at least one day.
The KVM switch industry growth is being propelled by significant advancements in KVM switch technology, which now includes support for high-resolution displays and USB-C connectivity. These modern and versatile solutions are appealing to users seeking more sophisticated and efficient ways to manage multiple systems from a single location. For instance, in December 2020, ATEN International announced the launch of the CS22H 2-Port USB 4K HDMI Cable KVM Switch which features a remote port selector, further enhancing its functionality. Also, in September 2021, Cable Matters introduced a USB-C KVM switch that supports either 8K or Dual 4K video output.
Asia-Pacific is predicted to dominate the KVM switch market.
Asia-Pacific will constitute a major share of the KVM switch market largely due to the rapid increase in data centers establishments and substantial government initiatives or investments which is bolstering the regional market growth. For instance, In May 2022, NTT announced the launch of a new data center in Mumbai. The company further announced its plans for eight additional data centers, aiming to achieve a facility load capacity of 509 MW by March 2024. Also, in February 2023, Trans, a cutting-edge manufacturer of consumer electronics based in Taiwan, unveiled its adaptive KVM switch that seamlessly combines USB-C, HDMI, and USB 2.0 functionalities into one cohesive unit.
Cloud adoption may restrain the KVM switch market growth.
Businesses are rapidly moving their operations to cloud-based platforms by which the need for physical hardware, such as KVM switches, may diminish. For example, in a cloud computing environment, resources are often managed through software interfaces, eliminating the need for direct hardware control that KVM switches provide. Moreover, solutions like virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) allow remote access to multiple virtual machines hosted on a cloud server, which could further decrease the need for KVM switches. As cloud technology continues to evolve and provide more efficient, scalable, and cost-effective solutions, the reliance on physical KVM switches could potentially decline, posing a restraint to the market's growth.
- July 2023: Anker launched the market's first KVM switches featuring USB-C connectivity. The new Anker KVM switches facilitate connections between any two machines via a Type-C interface and support 65W upstream charging rates. These switches are compatible with both Mac and PC, offering easy device switching. Moreover, they provide a wealth of connectivity options with seven different ports, including HDMI and DisplayPort outputs. This innovative product expands Anker's portfolio, demonstrating its commitment to providing cutting-edge and versatile solutions for today's digital needs.
- March 2023: C2G launched the USB-C/HDMI Three-Input Combo to HDMI One-Output KVM Switch, a versatile solution designed to enhance user efficiency. This KVM switch enables users to easily toggle between three computing devices using just one keyboard, display, and mouse. In addition to streamlining device management, it also optimizes workspace utilization, freeing up valuable desk space. This introduction aligns with C2G's commitment to providing tools that boost productivity and simplify the user's digital experience.
- November 2022: ATEN Advance unveiled the CM1942 KVM Switch, a device designed to facilitate seamless multitasking workflows between two computers and two displays. This innovation is positioned to be particularly beneficial to organizations and their employees operating in the current climate of continually evolving hybrid work environments. By simplifying the process of managing and switching between multiple systems and displays, the CM1942 KVM Switch contributes to enhancing efficiency and productivity, addressing the dynamic demands of modern work setups.
- July 2020: Vertiv launched the Vertiv Cybex Secure MultiViewer KVM Switch, a valuable new addition to its KVM portfolio. The MultiViewer provides secure access to multiple computer sources, offering control and visibility on either a single or dual-monitor setup via a flexible and user-friendly interface. The Vertiv Cybex MultiViewer is especially suitable for critical digital systems across a variety of settings, including government facilities, and control centers. This new offering strengthens Vertiv's position in the market.
- APC KVM: Schneider Electric offers the APC KVM 2G, which is analog and is an 8-port device, a solution purpose-built to boost productivity while saving costs and space. This device enables users to interact with multiple computers using just a single mouse, monitor, and keyboard set. By simplifying the management of multiple systems, this device enhances efficiency and optimizes workspace utilization, reinforcing Schneider Electric's commitment to providing effective and practical solutions for multi-system environments.
- By Port
- By Configuration
- Single Monitor
- By Connector Type
- Display Port
- By End-User
- IT & Telecommunications
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Market Opportunities
4.4. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.5. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. KVM SWITCH MARKET ANALYSIS, BY PORT
6. KVM SWITCH MARKET ANALYSIS, BY CONFIGURATION
6.2. Single Monitor
7. KVM SWITCH MARKET ANALYSIS, BY CONNECTOR TYPE
7.5. Display Port
8. KVM SWITCH MARKET ANALYSIS, BY END-USER
8.3. IT & Telecommunications
9. KVM SWITCH MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
9.2. North America
9.3. South America
9.5. Middle East and Africa
9.5.1. Saudi Arabia
9.6. Asia Pacific
9.6.3. South Korea
10. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
10.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
11. COMPANY PROFILES
11.1. ATEN International
11.2. Fujitsu Limited (FURUKAWA Group)
11.3. Dell Technologies Inc.
11.4. Schnieder Electric
11.5. Hewlett and Packard
11.6. Emerson Electric Co.
11.7. Belkin International Inc. (Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd)
11.8. Eaton Corporation
11.9. Vertiv Group Corp.
Fujitsu Limited (FURUKAWA Group)
Dell Technologies Inc.
Hewlett and Packard
Emerson Electric Co.
Belkin International Inc. (Foxconn Interconnect Technology Ltd)
Vertiv Group Corp.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Router and Switch Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Sep 2023|
|Safety Switches Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022 - 2027||Sep 2022|
|Safety Door Switches Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|
|Disconnector Switch Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Apr 2022|
|Reed Switch Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|