Livestock Grow Lights Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Livestock (Poultry, Cattle, Swine, Others), By Type (LED, Fluorescent, Incandescent, High-Intensity Discharge), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Apr 2022
- Report Code : KSI061612345
- Pages : 116
The global livestock grow light market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.69% during the forecast period to reach US$8.347 billion by 2027, up from US$5.304 billion in 2020.
Grow lights are artificial electric lights used in livestock farms to help animals grow and develop without wasting time, and for ease of comfort, it helps in their reproductive system also. These lights are important for livestock growth as they impact the physiological response and comfort of animals. Environmental regulations for livestock can be categorized as behavioral and physiological factors, as well as their interactions with the physical setting. The important drivers that determine how to choose temperatures, airflow, and thermal management are physiological concerns. They are altered as a result of the limitations imposed by: the physical surroundings – for example, flooring, airspeed, light, and so on – and how the animal reconfigures its environment. Behaviour – for example, panting, huddling, and wallowing.
The growing light is used to create such conditions that are conducive to livestock growth. Livestock grows lights are artificial grow lights that are used in commercial farms to help animals grow and evolve. These lights are important for development, and they also impact the physiological reaction and solace of the livestock. Growing lights like led bulbs, incandescent lights, HID lights, and fluorescent lights are used as light sources on farms. Over the forecast period, the increasing demand for the usage of animal-based products is expected to drive market growth. Furthermore, the growing emphasis on increasing livestock to increase animal-based production is predicted to drive the growth of the livestock grow light market. Smart animal farming procedures are expected to drive growth in grow lights in livestock farms in developed nations.
Increasing demand for animal meat-based products to drive the market.
According to FAO, global meat production reached 342 million tonnes in 2018, an increase of 109 million tonnes from the previous year. Though many species are raised for meat-based products, three species account for the majority of global meat production: pigs, chickens, and cattle, with pig meat accounting for 35% of total produce, cattle meat accounting for 28%, and chicken meat accounting for 33% of the total production. This paints a clear picture of the rising demand for animal meat-based products, which is expected to be a major growth factor in the livestock industry due to the need for healthy animal-based products.
Rise in Livestock farming to enhance the growth potential.
It can be predicted that adapting farm culture to meet the demand for animal-based products is expected to contribute to the market growth of livestock. As per the report of FAO, in 2019, the number of livestock is cattle, 1.5 billion, chickens, 25.9 billion, sheep, 1.2 billion, ducks, 1.2 billion, goats, 1.1 billion, and pigs,9 billion, all of which have been growing since then, which is expected to be the major growth factor in the livestock market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Livestock Grow Lights Market
COVID-19 had a significant impact on the livestock grow light market owing to the globally implemented rigorous lockdown regulations by several governments, resulting in a complete shutdown of many economies. The coronavirus jolted the supply chain and production units, which affected and slowed down the demand for the livestock growing light in the market for the foreseen period.
The Global Livestock Grows Light Market's Major Challenges In the global livestock grow light market, it is expected that the high installation cost of the product on a large-scale basis and the side effect of grow light on livestock can hamper the market for global livestock grow light. Any type of light, regardless of its source, has the potential to be dangerous for the eyes or skin at high enough intensities through persistent exposure to high temperatures or photo-chemical effects of infrared emissions, ultraviolet, and/or blue light.
Europe is expected to dominate the market for livestock grow lights. The region's livestock grows light market is expected to be driven by the implementation of smart farm animal technologies to enhance farm profit. Furthermore, rising demand for beef, meat, and high-quality milk products is expected to drive the use of grow lights in livestock farms over the forecast period, allowing grow lights to aid in expanding farm productivity.
Due to the large population of livestock in the region, Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow in the forecasted period. As the livestock population increases, so does the size of existing farms. A spike in the proportion of new livestock farms is expected to fuel regional growth even further. Furthermore, factors such as rising spending power and strong economic growth lead to an increase in demand for animal-based products such as meat and eggs. In developing economies, livestock is important for development because it improves the lives of farmers.
- May 2019: Signify, a lighting provider, extends its agricultural lighting business by purchasing Once Inc. of Plymouth, Minnesota, and iLOX of Vechta, Germany. The design and production of lighting that is focused on animals are led by Once and iLox. These custom lighting systems raise the standard of living for animals, which benefits the animal's health and increased production. With this acquisition, Signify expands its expertise, technology, and know-how in animal lighting to go along with its existing horticulture lighting capabilities. Their goal is to expand the agriculture industry in order to meet the expanding population's need for food on a global scale.
- December 2021: The brand ONCE NatureDynamics, which is specific to animal lighting at Signify, is used to sell the new lighting systems. By bringing the force of nature into the growing facility, NatureDynamics assists farmers in adjusting brightness, photoperiod, and spectra in response to bird needs. Gradual alterations in light hue and brightness throughout the course of the day improve the circadian rhythm of chickens and lessen stress in them, enhancing both their well-being and farmers' crop production. With the first adaptive lighting system for poultry that is wirelessly controllable, NatureDynamics, producers may instantly implement efficient lighting formulas.
- Uni-light IP65T8B: A high-performing integrated LED light called Uni-light IP65T8B was created specifically for the livestock industry to maximize productivity, improve growth, and improve animal health. Due to the usage of high-efficiency LEDs and the proprietary ultra-efficient Uni-light driver, it uses the least amount of energy possible. In comparison to typical LED lights, Uni-innovative light's driver technology decreases energy expenditures by up to 15% while maintaining the same lumen output. A typical installation in animal buildings, such as a dairy farm, lasts 12 months or less. It is intended to be mounted via wires or directly to the ceiling.
- GENESIS LED GL600: The GL600 output efficiency LED grow lights feature an easy plug-and-play installation. In addition, the GL600 consumes extremely little power just 125 Watts (1000 Watt HID comparison), and generates little to no heat, which is a big benefit when growing in a greenhouse that is already sensitive to temperature settings. This is applicable to the entire series of full-spectrum LED lights as well. These lights function as coolly as they do without the use of external fans or other heat-dissipating equipment. These lights outperform other LED grow lights in terms of energy efficiency because of their low power and low heat qualities.
Livestock Grow Lights Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$5.304 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$8.347 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.69% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Livestock, Type, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Genesis Scientific, Once by Signify, HATO Agricultural Lighting, Sunbird, Uni-light LED AB, Greengage Agritech Ltd.|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Livestock
- By Type
- High-Intensity Discharge
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. GLOBAL LIVESTOCK GROW LIGHTS MARKET, BY LIVESTOCK
6. GLOBAL LIVESTOCK GROW LIGHTS MARKET, BY TYPE
6.5. High-Intensity Discharge
7. GLOBAL LIVESTOCK GROW LIGHTS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.3. South America
7.4.3. United Kingdom
7.5. Middle East and Africa
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.3. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. Genesis Scientific
9.2. Once by Signify
9.3. HATO Agricultural Lighting
9.5. Uni-light LED AB
9.6. Greengage Agritech Ltd.
Once by Signify
Uni-light LED AB
Greengage Agritech Ltd.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Smart Lighting Market Size & Trends: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||May 2023|
|LED Track Light Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Feb 2023|
|Grow Lights Market Share: Industry Report & Analysis, 2022-2027||Mar 2022|
|ZigBee-Enabled Lighting Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Mar 2022|
|Light sensor Market Size, Share & Trends: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Dec 2022|