Pregelatinized Starch Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Source (Corn, Wheat, Potato, Others), 3D Wafer-level Packaging), By Application (Food And Beverage, Cosmetics And Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Feb 2023
- Report Code : KSI061614412
- Pages : 138
Pregelatinized starch is a form of starch excipient made from native starch such as maize, potato or wheat that has been hydrothermally modified, rupturing the starch granules. Pregelatinized starch performs better than regular starch in terms of solubility, flowability and compressibility in cold water. It is sold as a mildly fine, white powder that is spherical and free of flavour and odour. The market for pregelatinized starch is categorised into various segments which include – the source of native starch, application and geographical region.
Pregelatinized starch has customers in a wide range of end-user industry verticals such as pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, cosmetics and personal care, nutraceutical industry, textile etc., which is driving the growth of the global market. Native and stabilised starches can make a cold water paste after pregelatinizing and are able to gain viscosity without the need for heat. Pregelatinized starches are very helpful in the production of pharmaceutical and food & beverage products since they preserve most of the functional qualities and viscosity of the original base material.
However, the large requirement of energy resources for disintegrating starch molecules, low penetration in emerging economies and the contribution of pregelatinized starch in increasing production cost will hinder the growth of the global market.
The booming food & beverage and pharmaceuticals industry will support the growth of the global market of pregelatinized starch
Pregelatinized starches are granular, highly functional dietary starches that dissolve quickly in cold water. Without the need for heating, the starches degrade quickly and completely, attaining full viscosity without needing to pre-cook the starch. Pregelatinized starch is used in the production of baked goods, baby food, canned soups etc. Therefore growing demand for convenient processed, ready-to-eat and packaged food will propel the demand for pregelatinized starch during the forecast period. The addition of pregelatinized starch to food products improves texture, enhances the appearance and extends its expiration date.
Pregelatinized starch is a versatile excipient that is used as a diluent or filler for tablets and capsules, It is mostly utilized when creating solid dosage forms such as capsules and tablets. It can be utilized as a filler and dry binder in dry-compression or direct-compression processes because it improves the flowability of tablets and has compression qualities than native starch. As a result, the expansion of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry will aid the expansion of the global market. According to a report published by the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations, data shows, In 2020, North America made up 49.0% of global pharmaceutical revenues, compared to Europe's 23.9 per cent. According to IQVIA, the US market accounted for 63.7 per cent of sales of new medications introduced between 2015 and 2020, while the European market accounted for 17.4 per cent.
North America is anticipated to hold a significant amount of the global pregelatinized starch market share during the forecast period
North American region is anticipated to hold a significant amount of market share in pregelatinized starch. The presence of leading market firms like Cargill Inc, Galam Ltd etc is propelling growth in the region. Well-established pharmaceutical and food & beverage sectors in countries like the United States are driving growth in the North American region. According to the EFPIA report, the United States is a centre of innovation and home to top pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and drug development businesses. In 2020, North America made up 49.0% of global pharmaceutical revenues. According to IQVIA, the US market accounted for 63.7 per cent of sales of new medications introduced between 2015 and 2020, while the European market accounted for 17.4 per cent. The prime market in North America includes Canada, the United States and Mexico.
Market Key Developments
- In September 2022, Roquette a leader in the production of pregelatinized starch has finalized the purchase of India-based excipient producer Crest Cellulose in order to further realise its ambitious expansion plans and address the growing demand for premium plant-based excipients throughout the world. All of the excipients made at the facility—Microcel microcrystalline cellulose, Lycatab CT partly pregelatinized starch, and Roquette magnesium stearate—adhere to Roquette's exacting quality standards and all significant international regulatory requirements.
- In January 2022, The Nutroféli range of starch-based excipients for nutraceuticals has been introduced by DFE Pharma. The excipients for oral solid dosage forms are naturally derived, multipurpose binders, fillers, and disintegrants. A native starch excipient, a slightly pregelatinized starch, and a completely gelatinized starch are all part of the Nutroféli range. The starches meet clean-label specifications and are approved for use in both food and medicinal products.
- In October 2022, A spray-on adhesive for seeds and other ornamental food spices is introduced by Loryma under the name Lory Starch Opal. The pregelatinized wheat starch used to create the spray was chosen for its solubility, which makes it easier to spray on. Since the dough is not directly touched by the traditional ways of employing brushes or immersion baths, the spray design allows for a sanitary application. The substance may be used in large quantities for industrial manufacturing or sprayed into baked items for boutique bakers.
- By Source
- By Application
- Food and Beverage
- Cosmetics and Personal care
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. PREGELATINIZED STARCH MARKET ANALYSIS, BY SOURCE
6. PREGELATINIZED STARCH MARKET ANALYSIS, BY APPLICATION
6.2. Food and Beverage
7. PREGELATINIZED STARCH MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.2.1. United States
7.3. South America
7.4.1. United Kingdom
7.5. The Middle East and Africa
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.4. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. Cargill Incorporated
9.2. Tate and Lyle
9.3. Visco Starch
9.5. Bangpong Tapioca Flour Industrial Co Ltd.
9.6. Crest Cellulose
9.7 DFE Pharma
9.8. Karandikars Cashell Private Limited
9.9. Grain Processing Corporation
9.10. S.A. Pharmachem Pvt Ltd.
Tate and Lyle
Bangpong Tapioca Flour Industrial Co Ltd.
Karandikars Cashell Private Limited
Grain Processing Corporation
S.A. Pharmachem Pvt Ltd.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Hydrocolloids Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2021 - 2026||Aug 2021|
|Renewable Chemicals Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Oct 2022|
|Paper Coating Materials Market Size & Share: Report, 2022 – 2027||Oct 2022|
|Starch Recovery Systems Market Report | Size & Forecasts till 2024||Mar 2020|
|Starch-Based Bioplastic Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||Jan 2023|