Refuse Bags Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Material (Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE), Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE), High-density Polyethylene (HDPE), Linear Low-density Polyethylene (LLDPE), Others), By Capacity (Up To 10 Gallons, 11 To 25 Gallons, 25 To 40 Gallons, 41 To 55 Gallons, Above 55 Gallons), By End-Users (Commercial, Industrial, Residential), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Sep 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616049
- Pages : 142
The refuse bags market is projected to grow at a significant level in the forecast period. Refuse bags, commonly known as garbage bags or trash bags, are flexible containers designed for the collection, containment, and disposal of various types of waste materials. Typically made from materials like polyethylene or polypropylene, these bags come in different sizes, capacities, and thicknesses to accommodate diverse waste volumes and types. Refuse bags play a crucial role in maintaining cleanliness, facilitating proper waste management, and preventing the spread of waste-related issues. They are used in residential, commercial, and industrial settings to collect and transport garbage, contributing to organized waste disposal practices and environmental hygiene.
The refuse bag market encompasses the production, distribution, and sale of specialized bags designed for waste collection, containment, and disposal. These bags cater to a range of industries including residential, commercial, and industrial sectors, providing essential solutions for efficient waste management. The market's growth is driven by factors such as increasing urbanization, stricter environmental regulations, rising awareness about sustainable practices, and the need for hygienic waste disposal methods. As businesses and households seek effective waste containment solutions, the refuse bag market continues to expand to meet these evolving demands while contributing to cleaner and more organized waste disposal systems.
- Urbanization and Population Growth: Rapid urbanization and population expansion lead to increased waste generation, necessitating efficient waste management solutions, including refuse bags, to maintain cleanliness and prevent environmental hazards.
- Stringent Environmental Regulations: Growing environmental consciousness and government regulations mandating proper waste disposal drive the demand for refuse bags as businesses and individuals seek compliant waste containment solutions.
- Rising Awareness of Sustainability: The global shift towards sustainable practices fuels the demand for eco-friendly refuse bags made from biodegradable or recyclable materials, as consumers and industries prioritize minimizing environmental impact.
- Expansion of E-Commerce and Packaging: The surge in online shopping amplifies the need for packaging materials, including refuse bags, to safely transport goods. The rise of e-commerce platforms and direct-to-consumer deliveries significantly contributes to the demand for these bags.
- Growth of Food Industry and Takeout Services: The food industry's expansion, coupled with the rise of takeout and delivery services, drives the demand for specialized refuse bags that can securely hold food waste, contributing to sanitation and hygiene.
- Industrial and Manufacturing Activities: Industries generate substantial waste that requires efficient disposal. Industrial and manufacturing sectors rely on robust refuse bags to handle diverse waste streams, contributing to the market's growth.
- Hygiene and Disease Prevention: Proper waste containment through refuse bags is crucial for maintaining hygiene and preventing the spread of diseases caused by improper waste disposal, particularly in densely populated areas.
- Tourism and Hospitality Sector: Locations with high tourist footfalls require effective waste management solutions, including refuse bags, to handle the increased waste generated by visitors.
- Innovations in Bag Design and Technology: Advancements in bag design, such as easy-to-tie closures, odor control features, and tear-resistant materials, enhance the appeal and functionality of refuse bags, driving their adoption.
- Waste-to-Energy and Circular Economy Initiatives: Refuse bags play a role in waste-to-energy programs and circular economy models where waste is repurposed. These initiatives contribute to the market's growth by emphasizing responsible waste disposal and resource utilization.
Products offered by key companies:
- Grove Bags: Grove Bags are compostable refuse bags made from plant-based materials. They are also BPA-free and phthalate-free.
- Eartheasy Reusable Produce Bags: These reusable produce bags are made from organic cotton and are a great alternative to single-use plastic bags. They are also machine-washable and come in a variety of sizes.
- BioBag: BioBag is a Swedish company that makes a variety of compostable refuse bags. Their bags are made from renewable resources and are certified compostable in commercial and home composting facilities.
Major growth in the food and beverage segment of the refuse bag market:
The "Polyethylene (PE)" material segment within the refuse bags market is experiencing noteworthy growth. This growth can be attributed to the material's versatile properties that cater to a wide range of applications across the "Commercial," "Industrial," and "Residential" end-user segments. Polyethylene offers durability, tear resistance, and water-repelling qualities, making it ideal for containing various types of waste, including wet and heavy refuse. With an increasing emphasis on waste management, hygiene, and environmental consciousness, PE refuse bags are becoming the preferred choice for waste disposal. Additionally, the convenience of PE bags in various capacities, from smaller sizes for households to larger ones for industrial settings, contributes to their widespread adoption. The versatility and practicality of PE as a material drive its significant growth within the refuse bags market.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the refuse bag market:
The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to hold a prominent share of the refuse bag market. This expectation arises from the region's combination of rapid urbanization, population growth, and increasing consumption. As urban areas expand, so does the need for efficient waste management solutions, including reliable refuse bags for household, commercial, and industrial waste. The escalating focus on environmental sustainability, coupled with evolving regulations for waste disposal, drives the demand for high-quality and durable refuse bags. With its large and diverse population, the Asia-Pacific region is set to be a significant contributor to the refuse bag market, addressing the growing waste management challenges across various sectors.
- In June 2023, TerraCycle introduced the "Zero Waste Bag" program in the UK, targeting difficult-to-recycle items often sent to landfills. Consumers purchase bags, fill them with items from 14 hard-to-recycle waste streams, and drop them off at InPost lockers. Streams encompass various plastics, beauty products, packaging, clothing, and more.
- In Aug 2022, Luxury fashion brand Balenciaga unveiled the extravagant "Trash Pouch," a bafflingly designed accessory inspired by a garbage bag. Astonishingly, the price tag for this item is a substantial $1,790 (Rs 1.4 lakh), showcasing the fashion industry's eccentricity.
- By Material
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- High-density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Linear low-density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
- By Capacity
- Up to 10 gallons
- 11 to 25 gallons
- 25 to 40 gallons
- 41 to 55 gallons
- Above 55 gallons
- By End Users
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Design
2.2. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. REFUSE BAGS MARKET, BY MATERIAL
5.2. Polypropylene (PP)
5.3. Polyethylene (PE)
5.3.1. Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE)
5.3.2. High-density Polyethylene (HDPE)
5.3.3. Linear low-density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
6. REFUSE BAGS MARKET, BY CAPACITY
6.2. Up to 10 gallons
6.3. 11 to 25 gallons
6.4. 25 to 40 gallons
6.5. 41 to 55 gallons
6.6. Above 55 gallons
7. REFUSE BAGS MARKET, BY END USERS
8. REFUSE BAGS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Berry Global Inc
10.2. International Plastics Inc
10.3. NOVPLAST sro
10.4. Mirpack TM
10.5. Luban Packing LLC
10.6. DAGOPLAST AS
10.7. Four Star Plastics
10.8. The Clorox Company
10.9. Terdex GmbH
10.10. Cosmoplast Industrial Company LLC
Berry Global Inc
International Plastics Inc
Luban Packing LLC
Four Star Plastics
The Clorox Company
Cosmoplast Industrial Company LLC
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Air Bubble Bags Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|
|Cassava Bags Market Size, Share, & Trends: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|Commercial Paper Bags Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|
|Conductive Bags Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Sep 2023|
|Craft Bags Market Size, Share, & Growth: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Sep 2023|