Starch Based Packaging Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Packaging Type (Starch Blended With PHA, Starch Blended With PLA, Others), By Application (Injection Molding, Blow Molding, Extrusion, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Sep 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616054
- Pages : 144
The starch based packaging market is projected to grow at a significant level in the forecast period. Starch-based packaging refers to a type of biodegradable and renewable packaging material derived from plant starch, typically extracted from sources like corn, potatoes, or cassava. It offers an eco-friendly alternative to traditional plastic packaging, as it naturally decomposes in the environment, reducing plastic waste. Starch-based packaging is used for various products and applications, from food packaging to disposable cutlery, and contributes to sustainability efforts by minimizing the environmental impact associated with conventional packaging materials.
The starch-based packaging market encompasses the industry involved in the production, distribution, and utilization of packaging materials derived from plant starch sources like corn, potatoes, or cassava. This market has gained traction as a sustainable alternative to conventional plastic packaging, owing to its biodegradability and reduced environmental impact. Starch-based packaging is used across various sectors, including food, consumer goods, and industrial applications, as it aligns with the growing global emphasis on eco-friendly packaging solutions and the reduction of plastic waste. The starch-based packaging market serves a range of industries such as food and beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods. This market is driven by multiple factors, including the increasing demand for environmentally friendly packaging solutions due to growing awareness of plastic pollution and the need for sustainable alternatives. Additionally, stringent regulations on single-use plastics and a shift towards circular economy practices further propel the adoption of starch-based packaging.
- Environmental Concerns: Growing global awareness about plastic pollution and its adverse impact on ecosystems drives demand for sustainable alternatives. Starch-based packaging offers a biodegradable solution, minimizing long-lasting plastic waste.
- Regulatory Initiatives: Governments and regulatory bodies worldwide are implementing stringent regulations on single-use plastics. Starch-based packaging aligns with these regulations, making it an attractive choice for industries aiming to comply with environmental mandates.
- Consumer Preference: Increasingly conscious consumers seek products packaged in environmentally friendly materials. Starch-based packaging addresses this preference, allowing brands to cater to eco-conscious consumer demands.
- Sustainability Goals: Industries are setting sustainability goals to reduce their carbon footprint and minimize environmental impact. Starch-based packaging supports these goals by offering a renewable and compostable packaging solution.
- Circular Economy Practices: The transition towards a circular economy model, where resources are kept in use for as long as possible, is driving demand for compostable packaging. Starch-based materials fit into this circular model by returning to the environment without harming it.
- Brand Image Enhancement: Brands that adopt eco-friendly packaging can enhance their reputation and appeal to environmentally conscious consumers. Starch-based packaging provides a tangible way for brands to showcase their commitment to sustainability.
- Reduced Dependency on Fossil Fuels: Starch-based packaging is derived from renewable plant sources, reducing reliance on fossil fuels used to produce traditional plastics. This resonates with efforts to mitigate the environmental impact of petrochemical-based plastics.
- Bioplastics Advancements: Ongoing research and technological advancements are improving the performance and properties of starch-based bioplastics, making them more versatile and suitable for various applications.
- Waste Management Challenges: Starch-based packaging can be composted in industrial composting facilities, aiding in waste management and reducing the burden on landfills. As landfill space becomes scarcer, compostable solutions gain importance.
- Innovation and Market Growth: The starch-based packaging market is witnessing innovation in terms of material composition, design, and manufacturing processes. This innovation is driving the market's growth as it opens up new possibilities for packaging applications, appealing to a wider range of industries.
Products offered by key companies:
- BioPak launched a line of starch-based foodservice packaging that includes plates, bowls, trays, and utensils that are made from 100% compostable materials.
- Earthpac launched a line of starch-based produce bags that are made from 100% compostable materials and are designed to be used for fresh produce, bulk foods, and other items.
- Starch Materials Inc launched a new line of starch-based films for food packaging that are made from 100% renewable materials and are designed to be used for a variety of food packaging applications.
Positive growth in the food and beverage segment within the starch-based packaging market:
The food and beverage segment within the starch-based packaging market is experiencing remarkable growth. This growth is attributed to the sector's stringent packaging requirements, increased consumer demand for sustainable packaging options, and regulatory pressure to reduce single-use plastics. Starch-based packaging meets these criteria by offering a biodegradable, compostable, and renewable packaging solution that aligns with both the industry's sustainability goals and consumer preferences. Moreover, as consumers become more conscious of their environmental impact, food and beverage companies are leveraging starch-based packaging to enhance their product image and gain a competitive edge by showcasing their commitment to eco-friendly practices.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the squeeze tube packaging market:
The Asia-Pacific region is poised to hold a dominant share of the squeeze tube packaging market due to its robust manufacturing capabilities, burgeoning consumer markets, and diverse industries. The region's cost-effective production, combined with its rapid urbanization and growing middle class, drives the demand for various products packaged in squeeze tubes, including cosmetics, personal care, pharmaceuticals, and food. Additionally, the expansion of e-commerce in the Asia-Pacific region further propels the need for compact and efficient packaging formats, aligning well with the attributes of squeeze tubes. This convergence of factors positions the Asia-Pacific region to command a significant presence in the squeeze tube packaging market.
- In Aug 2022, Goa-based startup LaFabrica Craft Pvt Ltd addressed plastic waste by creating eco-friendly alternatives using natural biopolymers derived from substances like corn and tapioca starch. The company has developed fully biodegradable products, including shampoo sachets and chutney packets, using a material called Phimer that degrades in just 90 days.
- In Mar 2022, Pactiv Evergreen launched a line of compostable starch-based cups and lids. The cups and lids are made from 100% renewable materials and can be composted in home or commercial composting facilities.
- By Packaging Type
- Starch Blended with PHA
- Starch Blended with PLA
- By Application
- Injection Molding
- Blow Molding
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Design
2.2. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. STARCH BASED PACKAGING MARKET, BY PACKAGING TYPE
5.2. Starch Blended with PHA
5.3. Starch Blended with PLA
6. STARCH BASED PACKAGING MARKET, BY APPLICATION
6.2. Injection Molding
6.3. Blow Molding
7. STARCH BASED PACKAGING MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.2.1. United States
7.3. South America
7.4.1. United Kingdom
7.5. Middle East and Africa
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.4. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. Cargill Inc
9.3. Cuan Tec
9.5. ODM Group
9.6. Green Dot Bio-plastic
9.9. Natureworks LLC
9.10. Novamont S.p.A.
Green Dot Bio-plastic
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Mold Pulp Packaging Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|
|Cornstarch Packaging Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|
|Bamboo Packaging Market Size & Trends: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|Boxboard Packaging Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Sep 2023|