5G In Education Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Hardware, Software), By Application (Virtual Reality, Personalized Learning, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Aug 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615556
- Pages : 121
The 5G in education market is projected to grow considerably in the near future.
- RISING COURSE ENROLLMENT NUMBERS, COURSERA, IN MILLIONS
5G in education market is growing due to the public's inclination towards learning and education, high-speed data connectivity, seamless voice services, 5G capable devices, and advanced chip technologies. These factors enhance the learning outcomes, efficiency, collaboration, and communication in the IT and educational sector.
For instance, according to the insights released by World Economic Forum in January 2022, the course enrollments in the online learning platform “Coursera” were 76 million in 2019, 143 million in 2020, and 189 million in 2021. A similar pattern was seen in course enrollment for online learning, with pre-pandemic increases being overwhelmed by significant spikes. The number of students enrolled more than quadrupled in 2020 and then rose by 32% the following year, reaching a peak of 189 million. These rises reflect the rising popularity of online education worldwide, including an increase in the number of remote students enrolled in higher education programs and students from rural or at-risk communities.
EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES FOR 5G IN EDUCATION INDUSTRY MARKET
- SOFTWARE AND PERSONALIZED LEARNING
The growth drivers for 5G in education market also include favorable government policies and initiatives, growing demand for high-speed internet, rising learning preferences of public, increasing adoption of 5G-enabled devices, and rising interest in 5G technology among various industries. These factors enable applications and use cases that require low latency and high bandwidth.
The 5G in education market is segmented by type into hardware and software. By application, it is segmented into virtual reality, personalized learning, and others. The software and personalized learning segments of the 5G in education industry are witnessing various innovations and collaborations from different players in the industry.
- In May 2023, UNICEF announced that the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and UNICEF's collaborative project to map and connect every school in the world to the Internet had achieved amazing strides, mapping 2.2 million schools across 138 countries and connecting more than 5,700 schools in 20 countries to date. To link every school to the internet and give every student access to information, opportunity, and choice by 2030, UNICEF and partner ITU (the International Telecommunication Union, a United Nations agency) launched the worldwide effort Giga in 2019.
- In September 2018, Verizon Innovative Learning announced the first-ever 5G EdTech Challenge to find solutions to problems in under-resourced classrooms. The Verizon 5G EdTech Challenge has begun, in collaboration with NYC Media Lab, according to Verizon Innovative Learning, the flagship program of the Verizon Foundation. The initiatives will use the specific powers of 5G in AR, VR, or AI to address issues, including low student engagement, a lack of STEM competence among teachers, and the demand for more immersive, individualized support for kids with special needs.
The global 5G in education market consists of some major countries promoting literacy. Americas is expected to have a higher CAGR during the forecasted period. Some developments are listed below:
- In June 2023, the technology minister announced investments in the United Kingdom as part of the government’s Transport Research and Innovation Grant (TRIG) Programme. The investments worth 1.96 million euros will be dispersed for 67 innovative projects developing transport technology.
- In August 2020, in India, Byju's, an ed-tech unicorn, announced that it had purchased WhiteHat Jr, an online coding school for kids, to broaden its product portfolio and speed up its US development plans.
- In November 2019, the University of Miami announced a partnership with AT&T to transform experiential learning by bringing 5G and edge computing technology to the United States. The University of Miami will be the initial college campus in the US to implement AT&T's 5G+ and Multi-access Edge Compute technology. This will enable AT&T's Magicverse to unlock new scholarly endeavors and enable students and faculty to pursue academic endeavors through Magic Leap's spatial computing platform.
MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE MARKET
Some of the leading players in the market include NTT Limited and Verizon, among others. The product offerings of the major corporation include the following:
Private 5G network
The P5G network features a dedicated radio spectrum allowing interference-free connectivity and the best possible implementation of scientific applications. Utilizing ORAN technology, NTT, Cisco Systems, and Airspan Networks are building the campus network.
5G home internet
Verizon provides 5G home internet service, which uses its 5G network to provide wireless high-speed internet access to households in most metropolitan areas.
5G in Education Market Scope:
|Growth Rate||CAGR during the forecast period|
|Forecast Period||2023 – 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Type, Application, and Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Verizon, Ericsson, TELUS, T-Mobile USA, Inc., MegronTech Limited, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., NTT Limited, Sapizon Technologies LLP|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Type
- By Application
- Virtual Reality
- Personalized Learning
- By Geography
- South Korea
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Bandwidth Availability
4.4. Number of Users
5. GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS/POLICIES
6. 5G IN EDUCATION MARKET, BY TYPE
7. 5G IN EDUCATION MARKET, BY APPLICATION
7.2. Virtual Reality
7.3. Personalized Learning
8. 5G IN EDUCATION MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2.1. United States
8.3. Europe, Middle East, and Africa
8.4. Asia Pacific
8.4.3. South Korea
9. RECENT DEVELOPMENT AND INVESTMENTS
10. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
11. COMPANY PROFILES
11.4. T-Mobile USA, Inc.
11.5. MegronTech Limited
11.6. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
11.7. NTT Limited
11.8. Sapizon Technologies LLP
T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Sapizon Technologies LLP
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|5G In Fintech Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|
|5G In Iot Market Size, Share, & Growth: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|5G Virtual Reality (Vr) Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||Jun 2023|
|5G Subscriber Data Management Market Size: Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|
|5G Thermal Interface Material Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|