The China Sugar Market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 3.45% over the course of the forecast period, from US$20.546 billion in 2020 to a total market value of US$26.044 billion by 2027.
The term "sugar" refers to a group of soluble carbohydrates that have a sweet flavour and are utilised in food. Sugar can be changed into a variety of forms after being taken from the sugar beet or sugar cane plant. Along with giving meals a sweet taste, sugar has several significant uses in the food industry. It preserves food and inhibits bacterial growth. China is one of the biggest sugar importers in the world, which will benefit the sugar market and spur its expansion.
However, the region's market may be constrained by the younger population's switch to low-calorie sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Consumption in food industry to boost the sugar market in China
Consumers are demanding more sugar these days, which is anticipated to contribute to the market's expansion in the country. This is because more people are consuming foods and beverages with added sugar. Additionally, there is a high demand for sugar due to the widespread consumption of sweet foods and desserts, which will support market expansion. About 60% of sugar consumption of China is anticipated to be used industrially, with the remaining 40% going to home use. Beverages (such as soda, juice, yoghurt, and soymilk), ice cream, canned fruit, sweets, bakeries, brewing, and medications are just a few examples of products used industrially. Additionally, leading players' increased investment and product innovation along with new product launches may further support the market's expansion.
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. CHINA SUGAR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY FORM
5.2. Sugar Cubes
5.3. Granulated Sugar
5.4. Powdered Sugar
5.5. Sugar Syrup
6. CHINA SUGAR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY SOURCE
6.2. Cane Sugar
6.3. Beet Sugar
7. CHINA SUGAR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY USE
7.1. Food and Beverage
8. CHINA SUGAR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.2. AB Sugar
10.3. Wilmar International Ltd
10.4. China Commerce Sugar Industry Co., Ltd.
Wilmar International Ltd
China Commerce Sugar Industry Co., Ltd.
All our studies come with 2 months of analyst support.
We are in compliance with the global privacy laws.