EEPROM Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Application (Consumer Electronics, Communication, Automotive, Industrial, Computer, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : May 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615285
- Pages : 140
EEPROM stands for Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory, which is a non-volatile memory chip used in electronic devices to store small amounts of data that must be preserved even when power is removed from the system. EEPROM is a type of non-volatile memory that can be reprogrammed electronically and is widely used in embedded systems such as microcontrollers, automotive electronics, and communication devices.
The EEPROM market is driven by increasing demand for artificial intelligence (AI) chips and rising adoption of blockchain technology.
- Increasing Demand for Artificial Intelligence (AI) Chips
The increasing demand for AI chips, which are used in applications such as machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision, is expected to drive the growth of the EEPROM market. As AI chips require non-volatile memory to store data and code, the demand for EEPROM is expected to increase. Moreover, the increasing adoption of edge computing, which involves processing data closer to the source rather than sending it to a central server, is expected to further drive the demand for EEPROM.
- Rising Adoption of Blockchain Technology
The increasing adoption of blockchain technology, which is used to create decentralized, secure, and transparent digital ledgers, is expected to drive the growth of the EEPROM market. As blockchain applications require non-volatile memory to store data and transaction records, the demand for EEPROM is expected to increase. The growing adoption of blockchain technology in industries such as finance, healthcare, and supply chain management is expected to further drive the demand for EEPROM.
Based on application, the EEPROM market is expected to witness positive growth in consumer electronics segment.
The growth of the consumer electronics sector, particularly in emerging economies, has driven demand for EEPROMs. Portable devices such as smartphones, tablets, and wearables require low-power, non-volatile memory solutions, which has increased the demand for EEPROMs in recent years. The rise in demand for consumer electronics is fueled by increasing disposable income, advancements in technology, and the growing trend of internet-connected devices. This has led to an increase in demand for smaller, lighter, and more efficient electronic devices, which has further driven the demand for EEPROMs. Additionally, the increasing adoption of IoT technology in consumer electronics is expected to provide further growth opportunities for the EEPROM market. IoT devices require non-volatile memory solutions that are flexible and scalable, making EEPROMs an ideal choice.
North America accounted for a significant share of the global EEPROM market.
Based on geography, the EEPROM market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. North America is a significant market for EEPROM due to the presence of major semiconductor manufacturers in the region. The United States has one of the largest EEPROM markets globally, driven by the growing demand for consumer electronics such as smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices. Additionally, the increasing demand for autonomous vehicles in the region is expected to drive the growth of the EEPROM market. The automotive industry is a significant contributor to the North American economy, and the adoption of advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving technologies is expected to drive the demand for EEPROM in the region. The growing demand for energy-efficient lighting systems and smart homes is also expected to drive the growth of the EEPROM market in North America. The increasing demand for Internet of Things (IoT) devices, coupled with the growing adoption of cloud computing and big data analytics, is also expected to create opportunities for the growth of the EEPROM market in the region.
- In August 2020, Microchip Technology Inc. unveiled its newest product, the 25CSM04, which was one of the largest EEPROMs available to developers then. With a memory capacity of 4 Mbit, the EEPROM provides byte-level control, non-volatility, low-power consumption, and ease-of-use, making it an ideal memory solution for portable consumer and medical devices such as glucose monitors, fitness trackers, and hearing aids. Unlike NOR Flash, the EEPROM has a lower standby current, shorter sector erase/rewrite times, and offers more erase/rewrite cycles, providing performance advantages.
- In July 2022, STMicroelectronics unveiled a Serial Page EEPROM, which is among the first of its kind in the market. This SPI memory allows for page erasure and offers high density, unmatched flexibility and performance, while keeping power consumption low. The new memory type enables a combination of firmware management and flexible data storage in the same device, which was not possible previously. This integration leads to a reduction in bill of materials (BoM) and time-to-market, and enables smaller modules with low power operation, thereby increasing the battery life. These devices are ideal for various applications such as healthcare, wearables, industrial IoT modules, smart meters, and 5G optical-fiber modules.
Key Market Segments
- BY APPLICATION
- Consumer Electronics
- BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. EEPROM MARKET, BY APPLICATION
5.2. Consumer Electronics
6. EEPROM MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
6.2. North America
6.3. South America
6.4.3. United Kingdom
6.5. Middle East And Africa
6.5.1. Saudi Arabia
6.6. Asia Pacific
6.6.4. South Korea
7. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
7.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
7.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
7.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
7.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
8. COMPANY PROFILES
8.1. Microchip Technology Inc.
8.2. Analog Devices, Inc.
8.6. Texas Instruments
8.7. Infineon Technologies AG
8.8. Intel Corporation
8.9. AMIC Technology Corporation
Microchip Technology Inc.
Analog Devices, Inc.
Infineon Technologies AG
AMIC Technology Corporation
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Connected Agriculture Market Size & Share: Report, 2021-2026||Sep 2021|
|Pyrometer Market Size, Share & Trends: Industry Report, 2021-2026||Jun 2021|
|Radiotherapy Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2021-2026||Jul 2021|
|Data Center Colocation Market Size & Share: Report, 2021 - 2026||May 2023|
|Industrial Enzymes Market Size & Share: Report, 2022-2027||Nov 2022|