Europe Bioadhesive Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Source (Plant-Based, Animal-Based), By Industry Vertical (Packaging, Construction, Healthcare, Consumer Goods, Others), And By Country - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Nov 2022
- Report Code : KSI061610656
- Pages : 114
The Europe bioadhesives market is anticipated to develop at a CAGR of 14.52%, from US$688.043 million in 2020 to US$1,777.416 million by 2027.
Bioadhesives are naturally occurring polymeric substances with adhesive qualities or glues derived from biological substances like gelatin, starch, or cellulose. They are frequently employed to hold diverse materials together and prevent their separation under a variety of conditions. Additionally, they are used for adhesion between cells, between an organism and foreign surfaces, and between living and non-living components of an organism. They have quickly acquired popularity as an alternative to conventional synthetic adhesives because of their cost-effectiveness, sustainability, and sensitivity to the environment. As a result, bioadhesives find extensive use in a variety of sectors, including the medical, paper and packaging, building and construction, woodworking, and personal care industries.
Rising environmental concerns and Government regulations to boost the growth of the bioadhesives market in the Europe Region
Rising environmental concerns will be the main factor driving the growth of the worldwide bioadhesives market. Many countries now accept bio-based products as legal requirements for a variety of uses. The market for bioadhesives is expanding significantly as a result of governmental restrictions and strategies to reduce environmental contamination. Governments have put restrictions in place to minimize air pollution because they are more worried about the negative effects it has on the environment and public health. This has increased the demand for bio-based products like bioadhesives. Going forward, the government's rules and initiatives to reduce environmental pollution are anticipated to fuel the market for bioadhesives.
The bioadhesives market in Europe is also anticipated to be boosted by the high production of related medicines using bioadhesives. The market for bioadhesives has seen a rise in strategic partnerships and collaborations as one of the major trends. The major players in the bioadhesives industry are concentrating on joint ventures and partnerships to strengthen their positions.
- Feb 2022: Arkema, a French chemical company, completed the acquisition of Ashland's Performance Adhesives business, a world-class innovator in high-performance adhesives valued at approximately $1.65 billion. This acquisition strengthens Arkema's Adhesive Solutions business including bioadhesives significantly and is entirely consistent with the Group's ambition to become a pure Specialty Materials player by 2024. Ashland's Performance Adhesives division offers a broad selection of pressure-sensitive adhesives for flexible packaging as well as ornamental labels, protective films, and signage films for cars and buildings. The company has good technological, commercial, and geographic synergies with Bostik, a manufacturer of adhesives and sealing products in France that enable it to broaden the scope of the solutions it offers and establish itself as a prominent player in the market for adhesives.
- Feb 2020: Henkel, a German manufacturer of chemicals and consumer goods, has increased the range of adhesives with the introduction of Loctite Liofol LA 2798 for use in high-performance packaging. The adhesive base ingredient of Loctite Liofol LA 2798, which is created especially for thermal operations, can be mixed with various hardeners for sterilizing procedures, aggressive filling goods, and hot filling processes. The adhesive solution can be applied to a wide range of industries, including pet food, medical devices, convenience goods, alcoholic beverages, and fatty foods. Neopentyl glycol (NPG), Hexanediol, Tin, and Bisphenol A are all absent, as well as Glymo, epoxy silane, and heavy metals (BPA). In collaboration with its own recognized analytical institute, the business created the product. The manufacturer stated that a variety of additional Loctite Liofol LA hardeners already in use can be mixed with the Loctite Liofol LA 2798 adhesive base.
- EcoStix® Bioadhesives: Pressure-sensitive bioadhesives belonging to the EcoStix® family contain sugar and acrylic and feature EcoMer® technology built into the latex copolymer structure. There is a two-tiered product selection that offers formulated and customizable resin grades. Based on the ECOMER Sugar Macromer, EcoStix® sugar-acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives are white, stable waterborne emulsions. For a wide range of face stocks and substrates, they were designed to adhere to the exacting industrial specifications for labels, stationery, and many other applications. They also provide converters with outstanding coatability and simple cleanup. The simply formulated customized resin grades are available. They are designed to be further formulated and combined to produce distinctive PSA features that are catered to particular end-use specifications.
- GantrezTM s polymer: Bioadhesives that work in moist conditions include the polymer line of methyl vinyl ether and maleic acid copolymers from GantrezTM s polymer. They work well as mucosal adhesives and film formers. On mucous membranes, these polymers transport and retain actives. The free acid of gantrezTM and polymers is gantrezTM s copolymers, which are obtainable as a solution and powders. These copolymers are particularly effective chelating agents for iron, magnesium, zinc, and calcium ions because they are water-soluble and produce transparent, tacky solutions whose rheology may be changed by adding salts and bases. In between brushings, it keeps antibacterials in the mouth to combat germs, and it keeps flavors for enduring freshness. It is utilized in denture care products as well as toothpaste, mouthwashes, and mouth moisturizers for oral care.
Europe Bioadhesive Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$688.043 million|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$1,777.416 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 14.52% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Million|
|Segments Covered||Source, Industry Vertical, And Country|
|Regions Covered||United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Others|
|Companies Covered||Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, 3M, Danimer Scientific, Dow Chemical Company, Ashland, Inc., Ecosynthetix Inc., Yparex (The Compound Company)|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Source
- Plant Based
- Animal Based
- By Industry Vertical
- Consumer Goods
- By Country
- United Kingdom
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. EUROPE BIOADHESVE MARKET BY SOURCE
5.2. Plant based
5.3. Animal Based
6. EUROPE BIOADHESVE MARKET BY INDUSTRY VERTICAL
6.5. Consumer Goods
7. EUROPE BIOADHESIVES MARKET BY COUNTRY
7.2. United Kingdom
8. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. HENKEL AG & CO. KGAA
9.3. DANIMER SCIENTIFIC
9.4. DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY
9.5. ASHLAND, INC.
9.6 ECOSYNTHETIX INC.
9.7. YPAREX (THE COMPOUND COMPANY)
Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
Dow Chemical Company
Yparex (The Compound Company)
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Asia Pacific Bioadhesive Market Size: Industry Report||2022 - 2027|
|North America Bioadhesive Market Size: Industry Report||2022 - 2027|
|South America Bioadhesive Market Size & Share: 2022 - 2027||South America Bioadhesive Market Size & Share: 2022 - 2027|
|Middle East and Africa Bioadhesive Market Size: Report||2022 - 2027|