North America Bioadhesive Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Source (Plant Based, Animal Based), By Industry Vertical (Packaging, Construction, Healthcare, Consumer Goods, Others), And By Country - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Nov 2022
- Report Code : KSI061610658
- Pages : 114
The North America bioadhesive market is anticipated to develop at a CAGR of 12.59%, from US$684.966 million in 2020 to US$1,570.793 million by 2027.
Bioadhesives are naturally occurring polymeric substances with adhesive qualities or glues derived from biological substances like gelatin, starch, or cellulose. They are frequently employed to hold diverse materials together and prevent their separation under a variety of conditions. Additionally, they are used for adhesion between cells, between an organism and foreign surfaces, and between living and non-living components of an organism. Due to their environmental friendliness, bioadhesives are growing more popular and are now preferable to synthetic adhesives. The adhesives are used in a variety of end-use industries, including manufacturing, packaging & paper, medical, and wood. The increasing need for packaging and healthcare applications is a primary driver of the North American bioadhesives industry.
Rising demand in healthcare to boost the growth of the bioadhesives market in the North America Region
The main factors boosting the market expansion are the expanding applications of bioadhesives across various end-use sectors. Due to their antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, improved wound healing, and leakage prevention qualities, bioadhesives are quickly replacing traditional invasive wound closure methods, such as surgical sutures, staples, and wires, in the healthcare business. In addition, they are used for transdermal medicine delivery, wound care dressing, and skin-bonded monitoring systems.
Rise in environmental concerns and Government regulations to boost the growth of the bioadhesives market in the North America Region
Additionally, there has been a considerable shift toward bio-based products as a result of the general public's increased environmental concern. The expanding use of bioadhesives for flexible packaging, printed sheet lamination, specialized packaging, cigarettes, and filters are also increasing the demand for the product. Moreover, the implementation of strict rules pertaining to synthetic adhesives and a number of beneficial initiatives done by the governments of various nations to promote the usage of eco-friendly products are fueling the market's expansion. Additionally, the top companies are making significant investments in research and development (R&D) initiatives to introduce cutting-edge bio adhesive variations to broaden their product line and draw in more clients. A favorable expansion in the market is also being influenced by additional variables, such as the growing need for environmentally friendly packaging, the popularity of plant-based adhesives, the accessibility of raw materials, and the rise in construction and renovation activities.
- Sept 2022: ThermexitTM-branded Thermal Management Materials business of Boston, Massachusetts-based Nanoramic Laboratories (Nanoramic) has been fully acquired by Henkel (Thermexit). A research and development firm focused on creating advanced energy storage and thermal management solutions based on carbon composites is Nanoramic, formerly known as FastCAP Systems Corporation. By enhancing its skills in high-performance markets, Henkel hopes to boost the position of its adhesive technologies business unit including bioadhesives in the expanding markets for Thermal Interface Materials (TIM). Patented, high-performance thermal interface gap pads built on cutting-edge nano-filler technology are part of the Thermexit range. Unique materials with exceptional stability and extremely high heat conductivity are made possible by this technology.
- April 2019: The Federal Government has announced a federal investment of up to $11.2 million to the Bioproducts Cluster under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, according to EcoSynthetix Inc., a producer of a portfolio of commercially successful bio-based products. An additional $10.9 million in contributions from business will be made to the cluster, which is headed by Bioindustrial Innovation Canada, for a total investment of $22.1 million. In order to satisfy Canada's promise to decrease greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and move towards a renewable-based economy, it is important to offer non-renewable-based material alternatives. A funding commitment of up to $2 million to EcoSynthetix for the creation of novel eco-friendly polymers for adhesive binders that is bioadhesives in wood products is one of the initiatives that will receive support from the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. Giving the construction sector a more environmentally friendly building product might help the environment.
- GantrezTM ms-955 polymer: It is offered as an off-white powder and is a sodium and calcium salt mixture of methyl vinyl ether and maleic anhydride. The polymer chains are further cross-linked by the cations' formation of salt bridges. It hydrates, enabling cohesion and stickiness in denture adhesive creams. It can be used directly in formulas for denture adhesives. The features and advantages include providing long-lasting hold for denture adhesive creams and powders as well as exceptional bio adhesion in damp settings. Oral patches and denture adhesives are used in the applications.
- 3MTM Scotch-WeldTM Flexible Acrylic Bioadhesive DP8610NS: The structural strength adhesive 3MTM Scotch-WeldTM Flexible Acrylic Bioadhesive DP8610NS combines the quick cure and minimal surface preparation of an acrylic with the great flexibility and elongation often found in urethanes or sealants. It is a two-part acrylic adhesive that is black, non-sag, low odor, and non-flammable. This structurally strong, high-elongation acrylic adhesive is perfect for bonding different materials together, thin panel applications where bondline read-through is an issue or any other situation where a flexible bond is required. Two-part methyl methacrylate adhesives (MMA) known as acrylic bioadhesives offer superior binding strength and longevity.
North America Bioadhesive Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$684.966 million|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$1,570.793 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 12.59% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Million|
|Segments Covered||Source, Industry Vertical, And Country|
|Regions Covered||USA,Canada, Mexico|
|Companies Covered||Henkel Corporation, 3M, Danimer Scientific, Dow Chemical Company, Ashland, Inc., Ecosynthetix Inc.|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Source
- Plant Based
- Animal Based
- By Industry Vertical
- Consumer Goods
- By Country
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. NORTH AMERICA BIOADHESIVE MARKET BY SOURCE
5.2. Plant Based
5.3. Animal Based
6. NORTH AMERICA BIOADHESIVE MARKET BY INDUSTRY VERTICAL
6.5. Consumer Goods
7. NORTH AMERICA BIOADHESIVE MARKET BY COUNTRY
8. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. Henkel Corporation
9.3. Danimer Scientific
9.4. Dow Chemical Company
9.5. Ashland, Inc.
9.6. Ecosynthetix Inc.
Dow Chemical Company
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Bioadhesive Market Size & Share: Industry Report||2019 - 2024|
|Asia Pacific Bioadhesive Market Size: Industry Report||2022 - 2027|
|Europe Bioadhesive Market Size: Industry Report||2022 - 2027|
|South America Bioadhesive Market Size & Share: 2022 - 2027||South America Bioadhesive Market Size & Share: 2022 - 2027|