Global Electrical Steel Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Type (Grain Oriented, Non-Grain Oriented), By Application (Transformers, Motors, Inductors, Others), By End-User Industry (Energy, Automotive, Manufacturing, Household Appliances, Others), By Region – Forecasts From 2021 To 2026
- Published : Sep 2021
- Report Code : KSI061614068
- Pages : 120
The electrical steel market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 8.17% over the forecast period to reach a market size of US$47.595 billion in 2026 from US$27.467 billion in 2019. The electrical steel market is estimated to grow in the forecast period. An increase in infrastructural development, industrialization, a rise in the demand in the power sector, and urbanization is going to be the driving factors of the electrical steel market. Electrical steel is used across various applications such as solenoids, electric motors, generators, small relays, and various other electromagnetic devices. The key users of electric steel are the automobile industries and electric power distribution systems which will foster growth in the market.
- The rise in the demand for electric vehicles will lead to an increase in the demand for electric steel in the automobile market. The HEV/EV are going to play a crucial role in the growth of the electrical steel market.
- Rapid industrialization and an increase in the population have led to an increase in the global consumption of power and energy. Stringent government regulations due to increasing concerns for the environment pertaining to CO2 emissions have led to a focus on environmental sustainability and energy efficiency, thereby increasing the demand for grain-oriented and non-grain-oriented electrical steel. This steel is used in high-powered transformers and motors.
- The addition of silicon to iron substantially increases the physical characteristics of electric steel. For the benefit of energy generation, distribution and consumption, electrical steels have the following attractive properties: high electrical resistivity, decreased hysteresis loss, low magnetostriction, and high permeability.
- The Indian steelmakers are considering producing CRGO electric steel which is used in the manufacture of transformers and electric motors, the main reason being to become self-sufficient and reduce the dependence on China, Japan, and South Korea for the product.
- The demand for non-grain-oriented electric steel will increase with the increase in the demand for household appliances because it's recyclable in nature and corrosion-resistant. It is used in washing machines, refrigerators, motors, and various other appliances that are used in the kitchen. The market for electrical steel will grow with the increase in innovation and demand for these household products.
- An increase in the demand for electric cars and automobiles in the US, Canada, and Mexico is going to foster growth in the market of electric steel.
- Initiatives taken by the government will encourage the use of electrical steel. Growing concerns for the environment strict regulations are being implemented which will foster the growth of the electrical steel market.
- The prices of raw materials are very volatile. The steel industry depends largely on the availability of raw materials for the production and processing of steel goods. Iron ore, coal, industrial gases, and ferro-alloys are the main raw materials needed for steel production. If raw materials are fairly priced, it is possible to perform steel manufacturing and steel processing operations smoothly. But the prices of raw materials are extremely unpredictable. Increases in raw material costs have an effect on the cost of production of steel, contributing to inflation in the prices of finished steel goods, such as grain-oriented electrical steel and non-grain-oriented electrical steel.
Impact of Covid-19 on the Electrical Steel Market:
- The impact of Covid-19 has been severe on almost all industries. The global electrical steel market has witnessed a downfall in the year 2020 as compared to the previous years. Due to lockdown restrictions in various parts of the world, it hindered the supply globally as manufacturing, distribution, and various other activities came to a halt.
- The US Department of Commerce started a national security investigation under section 232 which could cause more tariffs on imports of the essential electrical steel components that are used in making transformers and other related products.
- US and Mexico have reached an agreement in November 2020 on the export of Grain Oriented Electrical Steel. Moreover, there will be no section 232 tariffs on Mexico for the shipments of GOEC.
- Nippon Steel of Japan has planned to produce electrical steel sheets using an electric arc furnace in the year 2022. This step was taken to tackle the climatic changes around the world. When compared to traditional furnaces electric furnaces release only a fourth of the carbon dioxide.
- Cleveland-Cliffs acquired AK Steel in March 2020. This merger has a lot of benefits for both companies.
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp acquired a 51% stake in Sanyo Special Steel Co. Ltd in March 2019.
- ArcelorMittal announced in December 2019 the acquisition of Essar Steel India Limited (ESIL), a fully integrated manufacturer of flat carbon steel located in Gujarat, India. At the same time, the company formed a joint venture with Nippon Steel Corporation called ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India Limited, which will own and operate ESIL. This acquisition helped the company to reinforce its Indian market presence.
The major players in the electrical steel market are ArcelorMittal, POSCO, Baosteel Group Corporation, Voestalpine AG, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, ThyssenKrupp AG, Phoenix Mecano AG, NLMK (Novolipetsk Steel), Nicore Electrical Manufactory Co Ltd., Leicong Industrial Co Ltd., Cogent Power Limited, ATI, AK Steel Corporation, and many others. The companies are using various strategies to stay ahead in the market by entering into a joint venture, mergers, and acquisitions in order to expand their business and enter the untapped and potential market.
Global Electrical Steel Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2019||US$27.467 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2026||US$47.595 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.17% from 2019 to 2026|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Type, Application, End-User Industry, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||ArcelorMittal, POSCO, Baosteel Group Corporation, Voestalpine AG, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, ThyssenKrupp AG, Phoenix Mecano AG, NLMK (Novolipetsk Steel), Nicore Electrical Manufactory Co Ltd., Leicong Industrial Co Ltd., Cogent Power Limited, ATI, AK Steel Corporation|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Type
- Grain Oriented
- Non-Grain Oriented
- By Application
- By End-User Industry
- Household Appliances
- By Region
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
4.3.Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1.Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2.Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3.The threat of New Entrants
4.3.4.Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5.Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4.Industry Value Chain Analysis
5.Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Type
6.Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Application
7.Electrical Steel Market Analysis, by End-User Industry
8.Electrical Steel Market Analysis, by Geography
8.2. North America
8.2.1.North America Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Type, 2021 to 2026
8.2.2.North America Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Application, 2021 to 2026
8.2.3.North America Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By End-User Industry, 2021 to 2026
8.3.1.South America Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Type, 2021 to 2026
8.3.2.South America Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Application, 2021 to 2026
8.3.3.South America Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By End-User Industry, 2021 to 2026
8.4.1.Europe Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Type, 2021 to 2026
8.4.2.Europe Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Application, 2021 to 2026
8.4.3.Europe Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By End-User Industry, 2021 to 2026
8.5.Middle East and Africa
8.5.1.Middle East and Africa Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Type, 2021 to 2026
8.5.2.Middle East and Africa Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Application, 2021 to 2026
8.5.3.Middle East and Africa Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By End-User Industry, 2021 to 2026
8.6.1.Asia Pacific Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Type, 2021 to 2026
8.6.2.Asia Pacific Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By Application, 2021 to 2026
8.6.3.Asia Pacific Electrical Steel Market Analysis, By End-User Industry, 2021 to 2026
9.Competitive Environment and Analysis
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. Company Profiles
10.3.Baosteel Group Corporation
10.5.Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
10.7.Phoenix Mecano AG
10.8.NLMK (Novolipetsk Steel)
10.9.Nicore Electrical Manufactory Co Ltd.
10.10.Leicong Industrial Co Ltd.
10.11.Cogent Power Limited
10.13.AK Steel Corporation
Baosteel Group Corporation
Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
NLMK (Novolipetsk Steel)
Nicore Electrical Manufactory Co Ltd.
Leicong Industrial Co Ltd.
Cogent Power Limited
AK Steel Corporation
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Soft Magnetic Materials Market Size & Share: Report, 2021 - 2026||Jun 2021|
|Global Power Transformer Market Size: Report, 2021-2026||Aug 2021|
|Global Analog Semiconductor Market Size, Share & Trends: 2019-2024||May 2021|
|North America Analog Semiconductor Market Size: 2022 - 2027||Jun 2022|
|General Purpose Analog Semiconductor Market Size: 2022-2027||Mar 2022|