High Barrier Lidding Film Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Product Type (Cup, Tray, Top-web), By Material Type (Polyethylene (pe), Polyethylene Terephthalate (pet), Polyvinyl Chloride (pvc)), By End-user (Food And Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Consumer Goods), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616083
- Pages : 140
The market for high-barrier lidding film is primarily driven by the increasing demand for packaged items and drinks throughout the world. Consumers' growing desire for fresh and ready-to-eat food items that are packaged in appealing cups and platters under low oxygen altered environment packaging is boosting the demand for high barrier lidding film. These high-barrier lidding films are also utilized in the packaging of pharmaceutical and healthcare items. The demand for these packaging solutions may grow as a consequence of growing knowledge of the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and a rise in disposable money in emerging nations.
According to the utilization, high-barrier lidding films are mostly used for packaging, which is important in several business sectors, including food and beverage, cosmetics, and many others. As is common knowledge, packaging plays a crucial role in the market when it comes to delivery and safety. High-barrier lidding films is used as a closure on plastic bowls, cups, or trays that carry goods like yogurt, soup, meats, cheese, and many other culinary items. high-barrier lidding is frequently formed of laminated materials, including foil, paper, polyester, PET, and many other metalized and non-metalized components that make up the film. To extend the shelf life of food goods, they are made to keep them in a safe environment. They serve as barriers to maintaining the food's quality and integrity of the product because plastic packaging is permeable to gases, steam, odours, flavours, and additives. Additionally, it may be used in the pharmaceutical sector since it provides a suitable environment so that many delicate procedures and testing can be completed. Additionally, it aids in the longer-term effectiveness of certain consumer items and cosmetics.
- Rise in demand for packaged food is boosting market growth: The growing demand for packaged foods and beverages is driving growth in the market for high-barrier lidding films. Due to the spike in demand for ready-made and handy foods, there is now a much greater need for high-barrier packaging films. These films are excellent at preserving the quality and freshness of food and beverages which is propelling demand.
- Growth of the healthcare industry is fueling market expansion: The market is growing as a result of the booming pharmaceutical sector, which heavily utilizes high-barrier lidding films to shield medications from oxygen, moisture, and other environmental conditions. The growing need for consumer-friendly packaging also generates profitable expansion prospects.
- Increasing need for multi-layer packaging to keep out water and oxygen: Multiple layers are present in high-barrier packaging films, limiting the impacts of moisture, oxygen, and other gases like carbon dioxide as well as the effects of mineral oil, UV radiation, and touch. These containers assist in maintaining the integrity of the items contained inside, including the food's quality, colour, fragrance, texture, taste, and flavour thanks to a sturdy barrier that was built utilizing useful materials.
- Rising awareness towards sustainability is booting market expansion: Growing desire for green packaging options, which high-barrier lidding films offer, is what fuels the market for these products. Customers find fibre-based packaging made of recyclable and recycled plastic more attractive. Due to the growing trend and need for packaging that is pleasant to consumers, there is a significant possibility for the market for high-barrier lidding films to grow significantly in the future.
- The barrier lidding film increases shelf life: It is essential to offer items all the required barrier features, such as gas, moisture, and fragrance, for them to preserve their integrity. High-barrier films provide products with the required qualities. High-barrier films feature an impenetrable, co-extruded, flexible structure that prevents them from reacting with packaged items and thus protects the packaged perishable items.
Products offered by key companies:
- ExtraPET, Camvac: Camvac offers ExtraPET a barrier-lidding product used for storage of a wide range of processed meats, fresh meats, poultry, pasta, vegetable and bakery where presentation and fresh appearance is critical. Peel and non-peel, anti-fog, and high barrier ecologically friendly choices are also available from ExtraPET.
- PaperLite, Graphic Packaging International, LLC: PaperLite, a unique thermoformable paper material with strong consumer appeal is offered by Graphic Packaging International. Paperlite feels like paper has an appealing appearance and is also recyclable.
The prominent growth in the polyethene terephthalate (PET) sector under the Material type segment
The PET sector dominates the market for high-barrier lidding film because of the unique mix of features that make them ideal for a variety of packaging applications. The astounding barrier properties of PET efficiently prolong the shelf life and protect the freshness of packed goods. PET lidding films' outstanding clarity enhances product visibility and presentation on shop shelves, which is crucial for attracting customers. PET is well known for being recyclable and sustainable, which fits with the growing need for eco-friendly packaging choices. Consumers and businesses are increasingly looking for packaging materials that function well while being environmentally responsible. Due to their ability to meet standards for product protection and sustainability, they are a preferred choice among makers and consumers of high-barrier lidding films.
The North American region is expected to hold a significant share of the high barrier lidding film market:
Based on the region the North American region is expected to grow significantly. The market for high-barrier lidding film in North America is growing as a result of increased demand in the food packaging industry. Due to the remarkable protection provided by these coatings against moisture, oxygen, and contaminants, the shelf life of perishable items is extended. Furthermore, the need for eco-friendly packaging choices and the rising popularity of fast, ready-to-eat foods are two factors driving the market development for high-barrier lidding film. High-barrier lidding films are encouraged by stringent food safety and quality standards. Given that key market companies are focusing on cutting-edge materials and eco-friendly options to match shifting customer demands, the market outlook is positive for the foreseeable future.
- In March 2023 Toppan announced that it will open the first transparent barrier film manufacturing facility in Europe in the Czech Republic. The new facility will significantly increase capacity to provide Europe with clear barrier films and expand the worldwide barrier film market
- Camvac Ltd., a world leader in transparent barrier films and laminates, has reintroduced its Camclear, Extrapet, and Extrapet PCR, lines of industry-leading AlOx barrier-lidding film solutions. The trio, which has been re-engineered with an unmatched selection of gauges and widths, offers the best gas and moisture barrier performance, transparency, and complete recyclability.
- BY PRODUCT TYPE
- BY MATERIAL TYPE
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- BY END-USER
- Food and Beverages
- Consumer Goods
- BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Design
2.2. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. HIGH BARRIER LIDDING FILM MARKET, BY PRODUCT TYPE
6. HIGH BARRIER LIDDING FILM MARKET, BY MATERIAL
6.2. Polyethylene (PE)
6.3. Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
6.4. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
7. HIGH BARRIER LIDDING FILM MARKET, BY END-USER
7.2. Food and Beverages
7.5. Consumer Goods
8. HIGH BARRIER LIDDING FILM MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.3. Market Share Analysis
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. TCL Packaging Ltd
10.2. Golden Eagle Extrusions, Inc.
10.3. Sealed Air Corporation
10.4. Toray Plastics, Inc.
10.5. Multi-Plastics, Inc.
10.6. Clifton Packaging Group Ltd.
10.7. Cosmo Films
10.8. C-P Flexible Packaging
10.9. Camvac Limited
10.10. Graphic Packaging International, LLC
TCL Packaging Ltd
Golden Eagle Extrusions, Inc.
Sealed Air Corporation
Clifton Packaging Group Ltd.
C-P Flexible Packaging
Graphic Packaging International, LLC
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Antimony Free Film Market Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|
|Cast Stretch Films Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|Chocolate Wrapping Film Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|
|Fiber Film Market Share & Trends: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Aug 2023|