Serverless Computing Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS), Function-as-a-Service (FaaS)), By Enterprise Size (Small, Medium, Large), By Application (Application Programme Interface (API), Data Processing, Microservice Support, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Aug 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615883
- Pages : 147
The serverless computing market is anticipated to grow at a steady rate during the forecast period. Serverless computing is a distinctive approach that enables backend services to be provided on a usage-based model. It enables the users can craft and implement their code without needing to focus on the complexities of the underlying infrastructure. The increasing expansion of cloud infrastructure, the cost-effective characteristics of serverless computing, and the influx of favorable investments in the field are driving the serverless computing industry growth.
Rise in cloud infrastructure bolster the serverless computing market growth.
The rapid expansion of cloud infrastructure due to the investments made by the cloud service providers to expand their global data center networks has enabled them to offer highly scalable and reliable platforms for serverless applications. This infrastructure growth ensures low-latency access to resources, enabling serverless functions to execute efficiently regardless of geographical location. Moreover, the cloud's elasticity and on-demand resource allocation empower businesses to seamlessly scale their applications without worrying about provisioning or managing servers, fostering widespread adoption of serverless computing and fuelling its market expansion. For instance, in May 2023, Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced an investment worth INR 1.056 Lakh Cr, with a vision to bolster and expand its cloud infrastructure in India by the year 2030.
Favorable investment drives the serverless computing market expansion.
Investments aid in expanding and strengthening the cloud infrastructure, which is foundational for serverless computing. A robust and reliable infrastructure ensures that serverless applications perform optimally, offering businesses high scalability, low latency, and efficient resource utilization. These investments also facilitate research and development, leading to advancements in serverless technologies and the creation of more user-friendly, secure, and efficient tools which can be utilized in AI, IoT, and real-time analytics. For instance, in July 2022, Baseline secured £1.5 million in funding which the company aims to utilize in enhancing its serverless technology.
Traditional computing models often require businesses to bear the cost of maintaining and managing servers, even when they are not in use, leading to inefficiency and unnecessary expenditure. However, serverless computing offers a more economical alternative, charging users only for the actual processing time of their applications. This model not only minimizes the costs associated with idle server capacity but also eliminates the need for upfront investments in infrastructure. Businesses can focus their resources on developing high-quality applications rather than on managing server infrastructure. This cost-benefit becomes even more pronounced for startups and small-to-medium enterprises.
North America is predicted to dominate the serverless computing market.
North America will account for a significant share of the serverless computing market, due to several strategic initiatives such as acquisitions and product launches by major industry players both of which contribute to a vibrant, fast-paced market ecosystem. For instance, in May 2022, DigitalOcean, introduced a new product line related to serverless computing, based on the company’s acquisition of Nimbella in 2021. Additionally, substantial investments in cloud infrastructure by leading companies are enhancing the region's ability to support serverless computing. For example, in January 2023, in a move to bolster its position in the cloud market, Amazon announced plans to invest an additional $35 billion in its data centers located in Virginia.
Lack of control and customization may restrain the serverless computing market.
In a serverless model, the task of managing the server infrastructure is entirely handled by the cloud service provider. It diminishes the level of control the organizations have over their computing environments. This shift compared to traditional models where businesses could tweak and modify server settings to their specific requirements. The serverless model, in contrast, confines organizations to the predefined configurations set by the cloud provider. While these configurations are designed to cater to a wide range of applications, they may not suffice for organizations that demand high levels of customization for their specific needs. This limited flexibility to tailor server operations can deter companies that have specialized computational needs and may restrain the serverless computing market growth.
- February 2022: Netlify announced its acquisition of Quirrel, a strategic move aimed at enhancing its serverless functions capabilities. By integrating Quirrel's unique technology, Netlify is set to extend its services and provide a more robust offering in the serverless space, thereby strengthening its position in the competitive market.
- May 2020: Nokia Bell Labs unveiled a new serverless system, known as "KNIX", which offers significant advancements in the realm of serverless computing. By notably reducing the start time of functions and minimizing operational overhead, KNIX represents a substantial evolution in serverless technology. This pioneering system holds the potential to enhance performance and streamline processes in serverless environments, reflecting Nokia Bell Labs' commitment to pushing the boundaries of technology.
- Azure Serverless: Microsoft Corporation's Azure Serverless is designed to streamline business processes by relieving developers of infrastructure provisioning and management tasks, allowing them to focus on core business functions. By eliminating non-essential tasks, Azure Serverless not only optimizes team performance but also amplifies the overall impact of the organization. This is achieved through a strategic reallocation of resources and focus, ensuring that the tasks undertaken directly contribute to the business's core objectives, leading to more efficient operations and enhanced productivity.
- Serverless Computing: Google LLC's serverless computing offering facilitates the development and deployment of highly scalable applications and functions. By utilizing a fully managed serverless platform, users can focus on crafting powerful, scalable solutions without concerning themselves with the management of server infrastructure, thereby streamlining the application development process.
- By Type
- Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS)
- Function-as-a-Service (FaaS)
- By Enterprise Size
- By Application
- Application Programme Interface (API)
- Data Processing
- Microservice Support
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.3. Research Design
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. GLOBAL ICT STATISTICS
4.1. Global ICT investment
4.2. Number of Active Registered Firms in Key Countries
4.3. Internet Users in Key countries
4.4. Global Data Traffic
4.5. ICT Employment Statistics in Key Countries
5. ICT REGULATIONS AND STANDARDS
5.1. Regulatory Bodies and Organizations
5.2. Standards by Technology
5.3. IT Compliance Regulations
6. DATAFICATION MARKET FORCES INSIGHTS
6.3. Use Cases
7. SERVERLESS COMPUTING MARKET, BY TYPE
7.2. Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS)
7.3. Function-as-a-Service (FaaS)
8. SERVERLESS COMPUTING MARKET, BY ENTERPRISE SIZE
9. SERVERLESS COMPUTING MARKET, BY APPLICATION
9.2. Application Programme Interface (API)
9.3. Data Processing
9.4. Microservice Support
10. SERVERLESS COMPUTING MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
10.2. North America
10.3. South America
10.5. Middle East and Africa
10.5.1. Saudi Arabia
10.6. Asia Pacific
10.6.3. South Korea
11. RECENT DEVELOPMENT AND INVESTMENTS
12. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
12.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
12.2. Market Share Analysis
12.3. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
13. COMPANY PROFILES
13.1. Amazon Web Service (Amazon)
13.2. Microsoft Corporation
13.4. Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.)
13.5. Apache software foundation
13.6. Oracle Corporation
13.8. Ksolves India Limited
13.9. Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
Amazon Web Service (Amazon)
Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.)
Apache software foundation
Ksolves India Limited
Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|