Circular Connector Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Standard Circular Connector, DIN Circular Connector, MIL Spec Connector, Others), By Material (Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Others), By End-Users (Aerospace & Defense, Transportation, Electrical And Electronics, Telecommunications, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Jul 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615718
- Pages : 146
The global circular connector market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.82% during the forecast period.
A circular connector is a cylindrical electrical connector with multiple pins designed to enable the supply of power, data transmission, or electrical signal transmission to various devices. The circular connector serves a wide range of industries, including aerospace & defense, transportation, electrical & electronics, telecommunications, and various other sectors. The increasing demand for reliable and efficient electrical connections emerges as a prominent driver fuelling the growth of the circular connector industry.
Rise in electronic production boosts the circular connector market growth.
Circular connectors are extensively used in electronic products due to their versatility, reliability, and compatibility with a wide range of electronic devices and systems. They provide a secure and robust connection for power transmission, data communication, and signal transmission, ensuring efficient and uninterrupted operation. As electronic production continues to increase, due to rising consumer demand for electronic devices, the need for circular connectors becomes even more crucial to meet the expanding requirements of electronic production. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021, computer and electronic production in the U.S. witnessed a notable growth of 6% compared to the previous year.
The emerging transportation sector drives the circular connector industry expansion.
Circular connectors have extensive usage in the transportation industry due to their durability, reliability, and ability to withstand harsh environmental conditions. They are commonly employed in automotive applications, including electric vehicles (EVs), where they facilitate power transmission, data communication, and control systems. The rising demand for efficient and sustainable transportation solutions is driving the adoption of circular connectors in the transportation sector. According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, in 2021, electric vehicle sales in the United States experienced a remarkable surge, with a notable increase of 104.3% compared to the previous year.
Emerging data centres drive circular connector market growth.
Data centers require a robust and reliable infrastructure to handle the ever-increasing volume of data processing and storage. Circular connectors offer high-performance electrical connections, ensuring efficient power transmission, data transfer, and signal integrity within the complex network of servers, switches, and storage systems. The demand for data centers continues to rise as businesses and organizations seek to store, manage, and analyze vast amounts of data, leading to increased adoption of circular connectors in these critical facilities. According to International Energy Agency, the workload of data centers experienced a remarkable surge, reaching 650 million in 2021, which represents a staggering 260% increase when compared to the workload in 2015.
Asia-Pacific is estimated to dominate the market.
Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the circular connector market due to the region's booming electronic production which has fuelled the demand for circular connectors. For instance, according to the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA), in 2022, Taiwan's computer manufacturing sector output reached NT$321.5 billion. Additionally, the Asia Pacific's prominence in the circular connector market is bolstered by the government's initiatives for the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs). For instance, in India, electric vehicles are included in the (PLI) scheme for Automobile and Auto Components, approved on 15th September 2021, with a budget of Rs. 25,938 crore for five years.
The need for customizations restrains the circular connector market growth.
Customization is a significant factor restraining the expansion of the circular connector market size. Due to specific application requirements, such as unique pin layouts, environmental sealing, or specialized materials, circular connectors often need to be customized. However, this customization process can lead to increased costs, longer lead times, and added complexity, which may make them less attractive to certain customers. While standardization efforts have been made to mitigate this challenge, the need for customization still poses a significant hurdle in expanding the adoption of circular connectors.
- March 2022: CUI Devices' Interconnect Group broadened its range of connectors by introducing a new line of circular connectors, enhancing its overall product portfolio. The newly added CDM12 family comprises M12 connector types, providing a variety of options including male or female versions and contact positions ranging from 3 to 12 pins. These connectors are designed with A-coding and support 1 Gbit Ethernet, making them suitable for industrial and factory automation applications. Additionally, all M12 connector models in the CDM12 family carry IP67 ratings, ensuring their durability and protection against harsh environments.
- October 2021: A collaboration between STMicroelectronics (ST) and Rosenberger has led to the development of an innovative contactless connector technology intending to reduce the number of wires in connectors. This novel high-speed contactless connector has the potential to address connector-related failures commonly encountered in electromechanical applications, offering a promising solution in the industry.
- May 2021: API Technologies Corp., known as APITech, expanded its filtered circular connectors line by introducing a power connector that integrates common mode and differential mode EMI filtering in a single package. This innovative power connector eliminates the need for large box power entry filters, offering comparable performance in a more compact form. It can conveniently mate with a standard MIL-DTL-38999 connector insert arrangement 21-11, providing an efficient solution for applications requiring effective electromagnetic interference (EMI) filtering.
- M12 Straight D4 PG Clamp: TE Connectivity offers the M12 Straight D4 PG Clamp as part of their Standard Circular Connectors portfolio. This connector system is designed for cable-to-cable connections and features a sealable design. It is specifically suitable for circuit applications involving signals, providing a reliable and efficient solution for various industries and applications.
- SACC-M12FS-4CON-PG7-M: The SACC-M12FS-4CON-PG7-M connector, manufactured by Phoenix Contact, is a versatile sensor connector designed for various applications. It features a straight cable outlet and utilizes a secure screw connection method for reliable and stable connections. The connector complies with the IEC 61076-2-101 standards and specifications, ensuring compatibility and adherence to industry requirements. With its universal sensor type, this connector offers flexibility and convenience in connecting sensors to different devices or systems.
- By Type
- Standard Circular Connector
- DIN Circular Connector
- MIL Spec Connector
- By Material
- Stainless Steel
- By End-Users
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electrical and Electronics
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. CIRCULAR CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY TYPE
5.2. Standard Circular Connector
5.3. DIN Circular Connector
5.4. MIL Spec Connector
6. CIRCULAR CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY MATERIAL
6.2. Stainless Steel
7. CIRCULAR CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY END-USERS
7.2. Aerospace & Defense
7.4. Electrical & Electronics
8. CIRCULAR CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. TE Connectivity
10.2. Phoenix Contact
10.3. Amphenol Corporation
10.4. HARTING Stiftung & Co KG.
10.5. CUI Devices
10.6. Allied Electronics Corporation
10.7. Weipu connector
10.8. Weidmüller Holding AG & Co. Kg
10.9. Hirose Electric Co., Ltd.
10.10. Eaton Corporation
HARTING Stiftung & Co KG.
Allied Electronics Corporation
Weidmüller Holding AG & Co. Kg
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Anchorage Connector Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|
|D-Sub Connector Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|
|PCB Connector Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|
|Rectangular Connector Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|
|Solar Connector Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|