D-Sub Connector Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Micro-D, Combo-D, High Density), By Pin Type (9 Pin Connector, 15 Pin Connector, 25 Pin Connector, Others), By End-Users (Consumer Electronics, Aerospace & Defense, Industrial, Power & Energy, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Jul 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615721
- Pages : 152
The global D-Sub connector market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.38% during the forecast period.
D-sub connectors feature a distinctive D-shaped metal shell that encloses two or more parallel rows of contacts. This design offers mechanical support, ensures proper alignment, and can provide electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding. D-sub connectors find applicability across various end-user industries, including consumer electronics, aerospace & defense, industrial, power & energy, and others. These diverse industries rely on D-sub connectors for their connectivity needs. The growth of the D-sub connector industry is significantly driven by the increasing demand for consumer electronics and the rising adoption in the aerospace & defense sectors.
Booming electronic production bolsters the D-Sub connector market growth.
D-sub connectors are widely used in electronics due to their reliability, versatility, and compatibility with a range of devices. They provide a secure and standardized interface for connecting various components, facilitating data transfer and power connections. Heavy investments and initiatives aimed at promoting domestic manufacturing, enhancing technological capabilities, and meeting the rising demand for electronic devices have provided a positive outlook to the market demand for D-sub connectors. For instance, in May 2023, the Union Cabinet approved a budget of Rs 17,000 crore to implement the IT Hardware Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme 2.0. This scheme aims to bolster electronics manufacturing in India by providing financial incentives to eligible manufacturers.
Emerging aerospace and defense drive the D-Sub connector market expansion.
D-sub connectors are widely used in aerospace and defense applications as they provide a secure and standardized interface for connecting various components and systems, including avionics, communication systems, radar equipment, and control systems due to their exceptional durability, and ability to withstand harsh environments. The aerospace and defense sector continues to grow due to technological advancements coupled with favourable investment inflow which is fuelling the expansion of the D-sub connector industry According to the Airbus FY 2022 report, the company’s Defence and Space business experienced a positive revenue growth of 11%, reaching a total of 11,259 million euros compared to the previous year.
Investments and collaboration in industrial automation fuel D-sub connector market growth.
D-sub connectors are extensively used in industrial automation as they provide secure and stable connections for data transmission, power supply, and control signals in industrial environments, and as industrial automation continues to expand, driven by heavy investments and collaborations between industries, the demand for D-sub connectors rises in parallel. For instance, in February 2022, United States Steel and Carnegie Foundry, a Pittsburgh-based robotics and AI studio, announced a strategic investment and partnership in which the companies will focus on advancing and expanding industrial automation through the use of advanced robotics and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies.
North America is anticipated to dominate the D-Sub connector market.
North America is projected to account for a significant share of the D-Sub connector market due to the region’s advanced technological infrastructure, well-established aerospace & defense sector, and strong manufacturing capabilities. Additionally, the region's focus on research and development activities coupled with a robust focus on investments to boost electronics production and promote automation technologies in various industries is further driving the adoption of D-sub connectors. For instance, in May 2023, ABB unveiled plans to accelerate its growth strategy in the United States through a substantial investment of around $170 million which will be directed toward expanding manufacturing, innovation, and distribution operations to meet the rising demand for electrification and automation products. Additionally, ABB aims to support the ongoing clean energy transition.
Miniaturization restrains the D-Sub connector market growth.
The surge in demand for sleek and lightweight devices has increased the need for smaller, space-efficient connectors that can accommodate the shrinking form factors. This shift towards miniaturization in electronic devices may potentially limit the market demand for the D-sub connector as manufacturers seek more compact and specialized connector solutions to meet the requirements of modern device designs.
- February 2021: Amphenol Corporation completed its acquisition of Positronic, a renowned global manufacturer of electronic connectors known for their reliability and durability in harsh environments. Positronic's extensive product range, which includes power, D-subminiature, rectangular, and circular connectors, has solidified its position in the global market. This strategic acquisition leverages the combined expertise and experience of both companies, providing customers with an expanded portfolio of products and enhanced technical design support. The synergy between Amphenol and Positronic strengthens their ability to deliver comprehensive solutions and meet the evolving needs of customers.
- January 2021: Hermetic Solutions Group, a leading provider of performance and protection solutions for mission-critical microelectronics, announced its acquisition of Cristek Interconnects, Inc. which is a renowned organization recognized as a key supplier to defense and aerospace prime contractors. The acquisition allowed Hermetic Solutions Group to leverage Cristek's expertise in core connector technologies, including Micro & Nano Miniature, D-Subminiature, RF/Microwave, and Filtered solutions, further strengthening its position in the market.
- April 2020: Positronic introduced its latest innovation, the Lightweight Aluminum Backshells, designed specifically for their D-subminiature (D-sub) connectors. This expanded portfolio includes straight exit, side exit, and low-profile designs, catering to applications with size and space configuration constraints. These new backshell options provide an appealing solution for customers seeking compact and efficient designs while ensuring reliable connectivity and versatility in their D-sub connector applications.
- D-Sub Crimp Recpt Signal 26 Posn: TE Connectivity offers the D-Sub Crimp Receptacle Signal 26 Position, which features a receptacle connector and housing type. Designed for cable-to-cable connections, this connector system provides 26 positions and utilizes Size 22 contacts. The connector shell size is 2, ensuring compatibility and reliable connectivity for a variety of applications. TE Connectivity's D-Sub Crimp Receptacle Signal 26 Position offers a versatile and efficient solution for data and signal transmission requirements.
- Dsub Custom: Amphenol Corporation offers Dsub Custom connectors designed to meet specific customer requirements. These connectors excel in various aspects, including polarization, panel fitment, PCB space-saving, and flexible PCB mounting options. With their versatile design, they can accommodate both signal and power requirements, providing a comprehensive solution for diverse connectivity needs. Amphenol's Dsub Custom connectors offer a tailored solution that addresses unique specifications, ensuring optimal performance and compatibility for specific applications.
- By Type
- High Density
- By Pin Type
- 9 Pin Connector
- 15 Pin Connector
- 25 Pin Connector
- By End-Users
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- Power & Energy
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. D-SUB CONNECTOR ANALYSIS, BY TYPE
5.4. High Density
6. D-SUB CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY PIN TYPE
6.2. 9 Pin Connector
6.3. 15 Pin Connector
6.4. 25 Pin Connector
7. D-SUB CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY END-USERS
7.2. Consumer Electronics
7.3. Aerospace & Defense
7.5. Power & Energy
8. D-SUB CONNECTOR MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. TE Connectivity
10.2. Amphenol Corporation
10.3. TXGA LLC
10.4. HARTING Stiftung & Co. KG
10.6. Molex LLC
10.7. Glenair Inc.
10.9. OMRON Corporation
HARTING Stiftung & Co. KG
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Anchorage Connector Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|
|Circular Connector Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jul 2023|
|PCB Connector Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|
|Rectangular Connector Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|
|Solar Connector Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023 - 2028||Jul 2023|