Compound Semiconductor Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID 19 Impact, And Trend By Material Type (Group II-VI, Group III-V, Group IV-IV), By Fabrication Process (Hydride Vapor Phase Epitaxy (HVPE), Metalorganic Vapor Phase Epitaxy (MOVPE), Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Others), By End-User Industry (Automotive, Communication And Technology, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, Energy And Power, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2021 To 2026
- Published : Jul 2021
- Report Code : KSI061610239
- Pages : 120
The compound semiconductor market has been growing in recent years and it is estimated to attain a market size of US$102.764 billion in 2026 from US$50.606 billion in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 10.65%. Compound semiconductors are made from two or more elements. Most of the compound semiconductors are made from the combination of elements from Group 3 and Group 5 of the periodic table of elements (GaAs, InP, and others). Other compound semiconductors are made from Group 2 and 4 (CdTe, ZnSe, and others). It is possible to make semiconductors using different elements within the same group. (4), to make compound semiconductors such as Silicon Carbide (SiC). Compound semiconductors are more fragile. A compound semiconductor has a large application base this material is used in electronic film coatings, electronic wafers, and the fabrication of integrated circuits which makes the demand for compound semiconductors in the market.
Impact of COVID on the compound semiconductor market.
The Compound semiconductor market has been severely impacted by the outbreak of coronavirus. Due to lockdown conditions in various parts across the globe, the market players had to halt operations in the manufacturing units. Therefore, businesses have been impacted due to COVID, however, it is being anticipated that with the revival of the economy post-COVID, the market of compound semiconductors is estimated to grow.
- The automotive industry is using compound semiconductors for power devices in segments such as charging infrastructure and EV/HEV. Owing to environmental concerns the demand for electronic vehicles is increasing, this, in turn, will boost the demand for compound semiconductors in the market.
- Healthcare has various applications of compound semiconductors like in-memory power management devices, discrete devices, microcontrollers, sensors, and motion micro-electromechanical systems. A lot of new technologies are developed using compound semiconductors for a more reliable, specific, and integrative approach to diagnosis and treatment.
- The growing demand for consumer electronics with growth in urbanization will boost the demand for compound semiconductors in the market. For instance, LEDs also use compound semiconductors. The demand for LEDs has grown recently due to the various advantages they provide, such as lower energy consumption, longer life, smaller size, improved physical robustness, etc.
- The telecommunication industry is to witness increasing demand for compound semiconductors owing to the increasing penetration of smartphones and the burgeoning adoption of LTE and 5G networks. This growth is largely driven by the introduction of smartphones powered by GaAs-based solar cells coupled with an increase in the number of smartphones and other smart devices in the market.
- The high costs involved in the complete industry processes in the supply chain are a major factor limiting the growth of the compound semiconductor market. The overall estimated cost of all supply chain operations (including the full upstream as well as downstream expenditure) per compound semiconductor is significantly higher than the average price per pure silicone semiconductor device. This is mostly because both systems are complicated, and modern, use innovative technology, and include state-of-the-art, high-priced equipment. Also, there is a lack of familiarity and expertise in the engineering community and executives of compound semiconductor industry players.
The Asia Pacific is estimated to witness growth in the forecast period
The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness the fastest growth due to the huge demand for electronic devices, wireless technologies, automation, and transportation industries, and the established semiconductor and electronics industry in the region over the forecast period. An increase in research and development in the Asia Pacific region will boost the demand for compound semiconductors in the market.
North American and Europe markets to see a boost in demand for compound semiconductors due to the growing aerospace & defense and IT & Telecommunication industry in the region. The presence of major players in these regions will drive growth in the market of compound semiconductors.
- In December 2020, Texas Instruments announced the availability of its high-reliability semiconductor products for online purchase on TI.com. This would help defense and aerospace companies to get authentic TI products for their next-generation military-grade and space-grade designs. This would help the company to meet the growing need of its product in the market.
- In November 2020, Qorvo, Inc won the United States Government Project to create State-of-the-Art (SOTA) Heterogeneous Integrated Packaging (SHIP) RF production and prototyping center.
- Texas Instruments in January 2021 revealed its EV battery management system with the industry’s best-performing wireless BMS solution. It’s the first concept assessed for enabling ASIL D systems.
- In March 2019, Toshiba announced the consolidation of Toshiba Microelectronics Corporation (TOSMEC) and Toshiba Discrete Semiconductor Technology Corporation (TDIT), two of its subsidiaries into a new company Toshiba Electronic Device Solutions Corporation. This strategic move will strengthen its capabilities in proposing solutions and bringing efficiency to its research and development for its semiconductor business.
The major players in the compound semiconductor market are Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., Toshiba Corporation, SCIOCS, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Qorvo, Inc, Texas Instruments Incorporated, GaN Systems, and Kyma Technologies. These companies compete with each other on grounds of new product launches, entering into a merger agreement, or through the acquisition of another company. These market players are very competitive and take active advantage of the growing needs in the compound semiconductor market.
Compound Semiconductor Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2019||US$50.606 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2026||US$102.764 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 10.65% from 2019 to 2026|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Type, Fabrication Process, End-User Industry, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., Toshiba Corporation, SCIOCS, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Qorvo, Inc, Texas Instruments Incorporated, GaN Systems, and Kyma Technologies.|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase.|
- By Type
- Group II-VI
- Group III-V
- Group IV-IV
- By Fabrication Process
- Hydride Vapor Phase Epitaxy (HVPE)
- Metalorganic Vapor Phase Epitaxy (MOVPE)
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD)
- By End-User Industry
- Communication and Technology
- Consumer Electronics
- Energy and Power
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Research Data
3. Executive Summary
3.1. Research Highlights
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Type
5.2. Group II-VI
5.3. Group III-V
5.4. Group IV-IV
6. Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Fabrication Process
6.2. Hydride Vapor Phase Epitaxy (HVPE)
6.3. Metalorganic Vapor Phase Epitaxy (MOVPE)
6.4. Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD)
7. Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By End-User Industry
7.3. Communication and Technology
7.4. Consumer Electronics
7.6. Energy and Power
8. Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, by Geography
8.2. North America
8.2.1. North America Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Type
8.2.2. North America Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Fabrication Process
8.2.3. North America Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By End-User Industry
8.2.4. By Country
22.214.171.124. United States
8.3. South America
8.3.1. South America Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Type
8.3.2. South America Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Fabrication Process
8.3.3. South America Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By End-User Industry
8.3.4. By Country
8.4.1. Europe Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Type
8.4.2. Europe Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Fabrication Process
8.4.3. Europe Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By End-User Industry
8.4.4. By Country
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Middle East and Africa Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Type
8.5.2. Middle East and Africa Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Fabrication Process
8.5.3. Middle East and Africa Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By End-User Industry
8.5.4. By Country
126.96.36.199. South Africa
188.8.131.52. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.1. Asia Pacific Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Type
8.6.2. Asia Pacific Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By Fabrication Process
8.6.3. Asia Pacific Compound Semiconductor Market Analysis, By End-User Industry
8.6.4. By Country
184.108.40.206. South Korea
9. Competitive Environment and Analysis
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
10.2. Toshiba Corporation
10.4. Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
10.5. Qorvo, Inc
10.6. Texas Instruments Incorporated
10.7. GaN Systems
10.8. Kyma Technologies
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
Texas Instruments Incorporated
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Printed Electronics Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2022-2027||Nov 2022|
|Thin Wafer Market Size, Share & Growth: Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|
|Film Capacitor Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022 - 2027||Nov 2022|
|Programmable Logic Devices Market Size & Share: Report, 2020-2025||May 2021|
|LED Chip Market Size, Share & Growth: Industry Report, 2019 - 2024||May 2020|