Food Additives Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Additive Type (Preservatives (Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Others), Sweeteners (Sucrose, Fructose, Glucose, Others), Flavors And Spices (Natural Flavor, Artificial Flavor, Spices), Flavor Enhancers (Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Others), Stabilizers And Thickeners, Binders, Texturizers (Gelatin, Pectin, Guar Gum, Others), Emulsifiers (Soy Lecithin, Mono And Di-glycerides, Egg Yolks, Others), Others), By Application (Bakery And Confectionery, Processed And Canned Food, Fruits And Vegetables, Frozen Foods, Beverage, Dairy Products, Meat And Seafood), By Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Nov 2022
- Report Code : KSI061610501
- Pages : 141
The food additives market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.79% to reach US$44.189 billion by 2027, from US$34.069 billion in 2020.
Increasing market concerns are prompting market players to incorporate food additives into various food items in order to improve and enhance their properties and make them more appealing to consumers. Food additives are increasingly being utilized since they are required to keep food fresh and safe. Preservatives can slow down the spoilage of the product that is caused by bacteria, moisture, and fungi Furthermore, the usage of preservatives assists in the prevention of product contamination. Additionally, by employing stabilizers, emulsifiers, and other ingredients, the texture and taste of bread and confectionery items may be exploited to offer a particular texture and flavor character. Moreover, by using emulsifiers, stabilizers, and other products, the texture and taste of bakery and confectionery items can be used to provide a distinct texture and flavor profile.
The use of a diverse range of food additives in a number of applications such as confectionery and meat, bakery, and seafood, which are desired by various segments of the population, is increasing demand for various types of additives.
There has been an increase in the number of individuals demanding processed and canned foods along with ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook varieties, which has been caused as a result of the majority of the population getting busier in their work lives and having limited leisure time. Thus, this led to a surge in market growth over the forecast period.
Rising disposable incomes and urbanization, along with increased consumer knowledge about living a healthy lifestyle, are driving demand for food additives.
Individuals' proclivity to spend on premium items and products with extra nutrients and additional nutritional advantages in order to keep fit and healthy is being assisted by rising disposable incomes, which is contributing to market expansion.
The presence of stringent measures in place by government organizations and regulatory bodies is encouraging market players to comply with these standards.
Stringent food additive rules are required to ensure that the quality of the end product reaching the customer is not compromised. Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) are responsible for and authorize the food additives that can be added to and allowed in various Australian foods, and the additives must pass a severe and rigorous examination and testing before approval. Besides, if there is even a little concern regarding the safety of an additive, then approval is not given. Furthermore, the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives is the worldwide authority in charge of effectively and properly analyzing the safety of food additives used in various applications. Food additives that have been deemed safe by the Joint WHO/FAO expert committee on Food Additives are permitted to be marketed and sold on a global scale.
Product Offerings by Major Market Players
Existing and new companies in various markets are expected to provide better and more advanced kinds of food additives with enhanced physical and chemical features, leading to greater acceptance and propelling market expansion further throughout the forecast period.
Some of the examples of the product offerings are as follows:
- Cargill, one of the leading companies dealing in the provision of food, agricultural, and industrial among other products offers different products under their range of hydrocolloids, which are comprised of stabilizers and thickeners, binders, and texturizers. The product is called “Viscogum Guar Gum”. This product is able to develop viscosity instantaneously and is able to facilitate the creation of a longer texture, with a slow taste release. It also offers “EverSweet”, which is a stevia sweetener and is able to fully replace sugar is designed using yeast specially crafted for this purpose and it can be easily used in beverages and confectionery applications.
- ADM, a company involved in the provision of nutritional ingredients solutions among other industrial products offers a wide range of food additives such as alcohols, acidulants, food colorings, stabilizers, and emulsifiers among others. It offers different product ranges under the emulsifiers and stabilizers product range. The product range is called “Soy Fluid Lecithin” and comprises four products namely, “Adlec & Yelkin”, which is derived from filtered and cleaned soybean oil, “Belain”, which is a product with a low viscosity, “Performix”, which is an edible blend of soybean lecithin and some other ingredients, and “Thermolec”, which are a modified variety of lecithins with enhanced emulsification performance.
- BASF SE, one of the leading market players that provides performance and health ingredients offers a wide range of food additive products for bakery, seafood, and other applications. It offers different product ranges called the “Lamequick”, “Lametop”, and “Lameul”. The Lamequick product range comprises different whipping agents in order to produce creamy and light foams to enhance the taste and texture of deserts. The Lametop product consists of mono and di-glycerides that are able to provide an enhanced and attractive appearance to baked goods and a good taste profile. The Lameul product range is a line of emulsifiers, which are well-suited for bakery and other applications.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness a significant increase in its market share over the forecast due to the increasing demand for premium and better products, while the North American and European regions are expected to hold a considerable share over the forecast period
The presence of strict guidelines in place in New Zealand and Australia by organizations such as the increasing disposable income of individuals among the low-income and middle-income population is leading to a boost in the demand for premium food products in the Asia Pacific region. Additionally, the North American and European regions are expected to hold a significant share on account of the fact that there are increasing investments in the food and beverage industry and also in the R&D of better technologies and testing methods to assess the quality of food additives effectively and efficiently.
- In June 2022, The Live Green Group and FoodForms Solutions formed a collaboration with the goal of replacing chemical food additives such as gums and other emulsifiers, as well as methylcellulose, with plant-based alternatives.
- In October 2021, Apura Ingredients, the industry's leading provider of high-quality, no- and low-calorie sweeteners, announced a collaboration with EPC Natural Products Company, which provides complete experience optimization through its flavor and taste modifier range.
Food Additives Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$34.069 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$44.189 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 3.79% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Additive Type, Application, Distribution Channel, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Cargill Incorporated, ADM, Novozymes, DuPont, Chr. Hansen Holdings A/S, Ingredion Incorporated, Ashland, CP Kelco U.S., Inc., Bell Flavours & Fragrances, Kerry, Inc.|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Additive Type
- Ascorbic acid
- Citric acid
- Sodium Benzoate
- Flavors and Spices
- Natural flavor
- Artificial flavor
- Flavor Enhancers
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
- Hydrolyzed soy protein
- Autolyzed yeast extract
- Stabilizers and Thickeners, Binders, Texturizers
- Guar gum
- Soy lecithin
- Mono and di-glycerides
- Egg yolks
- By Application
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Processed and Canned Food
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Frozen Foods
- Dairy Products
- Meat and Seafood
- By Distribution Channel
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. FOOD ADDITIVES MARKET ANALYSIS, BY ADDITIVE TYPE
5.2.1. Ascorbic acid
5.2.2. Citric acid
5.2.3. Sodium Benzoate
5.4. Flavors and Spices
5.4.1. Natural flavor
5.4.2. Artificial flavor
5.5. Flavor Enhancers
5.5.1. Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
5.5.2. Hydrolyzed soy protein
5.5.3. Autolyzed yeast extract
5.6. Stabilizers and Thickeners, Binders, Texturizers
5.6.3. Guar gum
5.7.1. Soy lecithin
5.7.2. Mono and di-glycerides
5.7.3. Egg yolks
6. FOOD ADDITIVES MARKET ANALYSIS, BY APPLICATION
6.2. Bakery and Confectionery
6.3. Processed and Canned Food
6.4. Fruits and Vegetables
6.5. Frozen Foods
6.7. Dairy Products
6.8. Meat and Seafood
7. FOOD ADDITIVES MARKET ANALYSIS, BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
8. FOOD ADDITIVES MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.2. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Cargill Incorporated
10.5. Chr. Hansen Holdings A/S
10.6. Ingredion Incorporated
10.8. CP Kelco U.S., Inc.
10.9. Bell Flavours & Fragrances
10.10. Kerry, Inc.
Chr. Hansen Holdings A/S
CP Kelco U.S., Inc.
Bell Flavours & Fragrances
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Frozen Food Market Share: Industry Trends & Report, 2022-2027||Mar 2022|
|Food Inclusions Market Size, Share & Growth: Report, 2022-2027||Nov 2022|
|Global Mint Market Size, Share & Trend: Industry Report, 2020–2025||Oct 2022|
|Ginger Oil Market Size, Share & Trends: Industry Report, 2022–2027||Aug 2022|
|Natural Food Flavors Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Jun 2022|