Global Decarbonisation Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (Solutions, Services), By Deployment Type (On-Premises, Cloud), By End Users (Agricultural, Oil & Energy, Metal & Mining, Government, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Nov 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616193
- Pages : 148
The decarbonisation market is projected to show steady growth during the forecast period.
Decarbonization, a vital process in combating climate change, entails the reduction or elimination of carbon dioxide emissions from diverse sources, including transportation, industry, and energy production. The ambitious aim of achieving a net-zero global economy by 2050 is indeed within our technical and economic reach, leveraging both existing and emerging technologies. However, its realization necessitates substantial shifts in our energy production and consumption patterns. Consequently, decarbonization has ascended to a prominent position on the agenda of top corporate executives (the C-suite), while legislative frameworks are rapidly evolving, spurred on by an increasingly carbon-conscious civil society. Discussions surrounding climate change often encapsulate two seemingly paradoxical notions. On one hand, the task of achieving complete and rapid decarbonization appears staggeringly challenging, with the urgency of limiting global warming to well below two degrees Celsius relative to pre-industrial levels. On the other hand, the gravity of the situation dictates that such swift decarbonization efforts are an inevitable imperative. Understanding the crucial role of decarbonization in the pursuit of net-zero goals, the generation and utilization of data are indispensable. The concept of Data for Net Zero emerges as a vital tool, serving to translate complex carbon assessments into actionable insights. Through the implementation of industrialized measurement techniques, supported by reliable data and AI platforms, organizations can effectively monitor and report on their ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) commitments on a large scale. Looking ahead, effective execution of decarbonization initiatives at scale necessitates collaborative efforts with external partners possessing a diverse range of expertise.
The decarbonization market is a complex and dynamic landscape that revolves around the economic and business aspects of reducing carbon emissions and transitioning towards a low-carbon future. It encompasses many opportunities and challenges that arise from the urgent need to mitigate climate change. The market is characterized by the growing commitment of various companies and governments to achieve net-zero emissions, driving a surge in activities and innovations aimed at fostering sustainable practices and technologies. Within this market, businesses are presented with the chance to not only contribute positively to the environment but also to differentiate themselves in the competitive landscape. By incorporating green products and sustainable value propositions, companies can gain a larger market share and potentially command price premiums, responding to the increasing demand for environmentally friendly alternatives. Additionally, the process of decarbonizing existing business models has emerged as a significant driver of value enhancement, prompting many enterprises to invest in restructuring their operations to align with more sustainable practices. The involvement of institutional investors in promoting global decarbonization efforts has become a notable trend, with investments in carbon credits and related projects serving as a means to support and accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy. Moreover, the concept of carbon allowances has gained traction, providing financial security and potentially improving overall investment returns, especially in scenarios where climate actions are delayed or implemented swiftly. Decarbonization, therefore, represents an environmental imperative and a strategic opportunity for businesses to ensure their long-term competitiveness and resilience across various potential climate scenarios.
- Energy efficiency: Energy efficiency serves as a fundamental pillar in the overarching pursuit of decarbonization and is recognized as a multifaceted approach that can effectively curb greenhouse gas emissions in a cost-efficient manner, particularly in the foreseeable future. The comprehensive scope of decarbonization initiatives encompasses a concerted focus on enhancing energy efficiency within various sectors, including but not limited to buildings, transportation, and industrial operations. Through a systematic refinement of energy consumption practices and the implementation of sustainable technologies, these efforts aim to significantly minimize the carbon footprint and foster a more sustainable trajectory for global development.
- Industrial electrification: In the pursuit of reducing carbon emissions, it is imperative to harness the latest progress in low-carbon electricity, derived from a combination of grid and on-site renewable generation sources. This strategic approach is pivotal in the broader mission of decarbonization, which encompasses various essential strategies. One such strategy involves the electrification of process heat through the utilization of induction, radiative heating, or advanced heat pumps, effectively minimizing reliance on conventional fuel-based heating methods. Furthermore, the decarbonization drive also entails the electrification of high-temperature range processes, notably prevalent in industries such as iron, steel, and cement manufacturing, thereby curbing the substantial carbon footprint associated with traditional high-temperature production techniques.
- Low-carbon fuels, feedstocks, and energy sources: Decarbonization efforts are pivotal in addressing the pressing issue of climate change. To mitigate the adverse effects of greenhouse gas emissions, various strategies are being adopted, emphasizing the utilization of low-carbon alternatives. These alternatives encompass a spectrum of options, including the integration of hydrogen, biofuels, and synthetic fuels into existing energy frameworks, thereby reducing the reliance on traditional high-carbon sources. Additionally, the adoption of low-carbon feedstocks, particularly biomass, is gaining momentum as a sustainable solution. Furthermore, the incorporation of renewable energy sources, such as wind, solar, and geothermal energy, serves as a fundamental pillar in the pursuit of sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. By prioritizing these measures, industries and societies are actively contributing to the global effort to curb carbon emissions and promote a more sustainable future.
- Carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS): Carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) technologies have emerged as crucial tools in combating the escalating threat of climate change. With the ability to seize carbon dioxide emissions originating from various industrial processes, these technologies present a viable pathway for effectively mitigating greenhouse gas emissions. Not only can they capture and confine these emissions underground, but they can also harness them to enhance oil recovery. As global efforts to curtail carbon footprints intensify, the integration of CCUS technologies has become a pivotal component of broader decarbonization strategies. Consequently, an increasing emphasis is being placed on the widespread adoption of CCUS within industrial sectors, along with dedicated efforts toward the advancement and innovation of novel CCUS technologies.
- Green finance and carbon pricing mechanisms: Green finance, encompassing a range of financial products like green bonds and loans, channels funds specifically toward environmentally friendly initiatives, fostering a shift towards more sustainable economic activities. Additionally, carbon pricing mechanisms, including carbon taxes and cap-and-trade systems, assign a monetary value to carbon emissions, compelling companies to internalize the social cost of their carbon footprint. By integrating these financial tools into the broader economic framework, companies are incentivized to proactively embrace eco-friendly practices, ultimately fostering a more environmentally conscious and responsible business landscape.
Products offered by key companies:
- Atos offers a range of decarbonization technologies, such as energy efficiency solutions, renewable energy solutions, and carbon capture and storage solutions. Atos can manage the implementation and operation of decarbonization solutions on behalf of its clients.
- BV offers a range of decarbonization technologies, such as energy efficiency solutions, renewable energy solutions, and carbon capture and storage solutions. BV helps clients to develop and implement a decarbonization strategy. This includes identifying their carbon footprint, setting targets, and developing a plan to achieve those targets.
Prominent growth in the oil and energy segment within the decarbonization market:
The decarbonization market is expected to significantly influence the oil and energy segment, leading to various consequences and demands. One of the primary impacts is the projected decline in the demand for oil and natural gas. As the trajectory moves towards achieving net-zero emissions, the necessity for new oil and natural gas fields diminishes, resulting in a concentration of these resources within a limited number of cost-effective producers. This reduction in production is poised to have wide-ranging implications for nations and companies engaged in the extraction and distribution of these fuels. Simultaneously, there is a growing emphasis on investing in low-carbon technologies within the oil and gas industry. Companies in this sector are under increasing pressure to elucidate how the global shift toward sustainable energy will affect their operations and business models. Furthermore, they are expected to communicate the contributions they can make to the overall decarbonization effort. This necessitates a thorough understanding of the implications of energy transitions for their operations, urging them to actively engage in the adoption of sustainable practices and technologies. A critical aspect of achieving decarbonization goals involves the widespread adoption of Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (CCUS) technologies. These innovative solutions enable the capture of carbon dioxide emissions from industrial processes, providing options for their underground storage or utilization in enhanced oil recovery. The continued development and deployment of CCUS technologies are deemed indispensable in the pursuit of the ambitious target of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050. In addition, the implementation of green finance and carbon pricing mechanisms serves as a crucial driving force in incentivizing companies to reduce their carbon footprint.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the decarbonization market:
The Asia Pacific region is poised to claim a significant stake in the decarbonization market, owing to various compelling factors. Firstly, the region's status as the residence of five of the planet's top ten emitters, such as China, India, Indonesia, Japan, and South Korea, underscores the magnitude of the challenge. With an impressive 45 percent contribution to global greenhouse gas emissions, this region's substantial population is a key driver of this statistic. Moreover, the increasing number of countries within the Asia Pacific realm pledging allegiance to the cause of net-zero targets has transformed the decarbonization of business operations into an essential operational requirement for companies across the area. As businesses commit to influencing their principal suppliers or customers to establish decarbonization objectives, a constructive feedback loop is being established, promising an exponential surge in commitments and a subsequent reduction in emissions over time.
- In January 2023, Cepsa, a Spanish energy company, started building three new solar power plants in Castilla-La Mancha, Spain. The three solar energy farms have a combined capacity of 400 megawatts (MW). The initiatives are being carried out in the municipalities of Campo de Criptana and Arenales de San Gregorio, with a total investment of EUR 280 million.
- In February 2023. ENGIE Impact has partnered with Mölnlycke to help the company achieve its net-zero goals. The 15-year partnership will include a variety of low-carbon energy and services solutions to help Mölnlycke reduce its greenhouse gas emissions.
- By Type
- By Deployment Type
- By End Users
- Oil & Energy
- Metal & Mining
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Processes
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. GLOBAL DECARBONISATION MARKET BY TYPE
6. GLOBAL DECARBONISATION MARKET BY DEPLOYMENT TYPE
7. GLOBAL DECARBONISATION MARKET BY END-USER
7.3. Oil & Energy
7.4. Metal & Mining
8. GLOBAL DECARBONISATION MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.4. Black & Veatch
10.8. IES Ltd.
10.12. GE Digital
Black & Veatch
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Butadiene Market Size, Share & Growth: Industry Report, 2022–2027||Aug 2022|
|Ammonia Market Size, Share & Trends: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Sep 2022|
|Nano-Composites Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022 – 2027||Jul 2022|
|Nuclear Fuel market Size & Share, Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||Mar 2023|
|Green Ammonia Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|