Organic Cocoa Powder Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), By End Users Industry (Beverage, Food, Cosmetic, Household), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Mar 2022
- Report Code : KSI061614161
- Pages : 130
The organic cocoa powder market is valued at US$98.753 million in the year 2020 and is projected to reach a market worth US$359.907 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 20.29% during the forecast period. Rising healthcare concerns and increasing adoption of organic products owing to their numerous healthcare benefits are the prime reasons that are expected to drive the market demand for organic cocoa powder. Cargill and Barry Callebaut are two major players who are operating in the organic cocoa powder industry.
Chocolate as a market driver
It has been observed that Chocolate Consumption has been growing since 2019. Among all the chocolates, the preference for dark chocolate is increasing as it is rich in iron, zinc, and magnesium.
- According to a study by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, the best quality dark chocolate contains 70% cocoa powder. The darker the chocolate, the higher the amount of cocoa powder with essential nutrients.
- According to “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition”, dark chocolate contains flavonoids that help in the relaxation of blood vessels that control blood pressure.
- In 2019, Dr Chris Aiken from the Clinical Psychiatry Department of Wake Forest University stated, on the basis of a cross-sectional survey, that people who ate dark chocolate every day were less likely to experience depressive symptoms by 70%. It also stated that people who strive for a healthy lifestyle tend to consume dark chocolate compared to milky chocolates. Therefore, along with children, adults are also inclined toward the consumption of dark chocolate.
Organic food products have gained popularity in recent years. Scientific research has spread awareness regarding the adverse effects of pesticides in recent years.
- One more study from Sultan Qaboos University, Oman, by Riaz Shah in 2020, states that pesticides directly or indirectly affect the nervous and endocrine systems. This leads to an adverse effect that can cause endocrine diseases.
These studies, in a way, promote the consumption of food products. This led to high demand for organic products. Therefore, when counting on dark chocolate, its essential nutritive value with organic content is viewed as the healthiest combination for consumption.
- Many chocolate companies also promoted the organic method of chocolate preparation. In 2019, in India, the first "Certified Organic" chocolate brand was launched, named "Pascati." The cocoa powder used comes from Kerala’s Idukki region by an organic process. In May 2021, Cocoa Mantra, an eCommerce website, started selling a range of organic chocolate products. Additionally, an increase in the fitness-enthusiastic population raised the demand for organic products.
- In September 2021, a famous food and grocery industry named "Progressive Grocery" launched an ORGANIC chocolate syrup named "RXSugar." RxSugar has very low sugar with healthy ingredients that are extracted using the organic process.
- In a successful attempt to promote organic snack consumption, Noah Schnapp launched a new Hazelnut Cocoa Spread product named "TBH". With no palm oil, the product is made up of hazelnuts, organic cocoa powder, and organic sugar.
Organic Cocoa Powder Market Scope:
|Market size value in 2020||US$98.753 million|
|Market size value in 2027||US$359.907 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 20.29% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Million|
|Segments Covered||Distribution Channel, End-Users Industry, And Geography|
|Regions covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies covered||Barry Callebaut, BATA FOOD, Royal Forest, Plant Pantry, Neotea, Navitas, Forest, Naturevibe Botanicals, Cargill|
|Customization scope||Free report customization with purchase|
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
- BY END-USER INDUSTRY
- BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What will be the organic cocoa powder market size by 2027?
A1. The global organic cocoa powder market is projected to reach a market size of US$359.907 million by 2027.
Q2. What is the size of the global organic cocoa powder market?
A2. Organic Cocoa Powder Market was valued at US$98.753 million in 2019.
Q3. What are the growth prospects for the organic cocoa powder market?
A3. The organic cocoa powder market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 20.29% over the forecast period.
Q4. What factors are anticipated to drive the organic cocoa powder market growth?
A4. Rising healthcare concerns and increasing adoption of organic products owing to their numerous healthcare benefits is the prime reason which is expected to drive the market demand for organic cocoa powder.
Q5. Which region holds the largest market share in the organic cocoa powder market?
A5. Geographically, Europe is expected to hold a significant share of the organic cocoa powder market due to the rise in the demand for organic cocoa powder.
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. ORGANIC COCOA POWDER MARKET BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
6. ORGANIC COCOA POWDER MARKET BY END-USERS INDUSTRY
7. ORGANIC COCOA POWDER MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.3. South America
7.4.3. United Kingdom
7.5. Middle East and Africa
7.5.2. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.3. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. Barry Callebaut
9.2. BATA FOOD
9.3. Royal Forest
9.4. Plant Pantry
9.8. Naturevibe Botanicals
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Banana Powder Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Sep 2022|
|Coffee Bean Market Size, Share, Trends & Forecast 2023-2028||Mar 2023|
|Cocoa Powder Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022–2027||Sep 2022|
|Milk Powder Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|Baking Powder Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Aug 2022|