Picosecond Lasers Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Technology (ND YAG, Alexandrite), By Application (Copper, Aluminium), By Application (Tattoo Removal, Pigmented Lesions, Skin Rejuvenation, Melasma, Others), By End-Use (Dermatology Clinics, Med Spas, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Aug 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615900
- Pages : 142
The picoseconds lasers market is anticipated to grow at a steady pace throughout the forecast period. Picosecond lasers are a type of ultrafast laser technology that emits extremely short pulses of light, typically in the picosecond (ps) range. A picosecond is one trillionth of a second, or 10^-12 seconds, making these lasers capable of delivering extremely high peak powers in a very short duration. Multiple associated benefits and the growing prevalence of acne is the major growth driver of the picoseconds lasers market. Moreover, the emerging application in numerous industries and growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries coupled with enhanced product launches are further expected to propel the picoseconds lasers market.
Multiple Associated Benefits
Picosecond lasers offer several benefits in medical applications, making them valuable tools in various treatments and procedures as compared to other traditional lasers thereby propelling the picoseconds lasers market. The short pulse duration of picosecond lasers limits the amount of heat transferred to the surrounding tissue, minimizing the risk of thermal damage. Consequently, patients experience reduced side effects like scarring and hyperpigmentation. Moreover, the precise and minimally invasive nature of picosecond laser treatments often reduces the need for extensive anesthesia during procedures, making them more comfortable for patients. Additionally, picosecond lasers offer precise tissue ablation with minimal collateral damage. They are used in ophthalmology for precise corneal surgery, as well as in other surgical procedures requiring high precision.
Growing Prevalence of Acne and Other Dermatological Conditions
Picosecond lasers can be used to improve the appearance of acne scars by stimulating collagen remodeling and tissue repair. Picosecond lasers have shown promise in treating certain dermatological conditions like psoriasis and vitiligo, providing targeted treatment with reduced risk to unaffected areas. The rising cases of acne and other dermatological conditions are driving the picoseconds lasers market. According to the IHME, around 4.96 million people had acne vulgaris causing Disability-adjusted life year (DALY) in 2019 out of which, 3.52 million occurred in people aged between 15-49 years old. Moreover, 34 percent of individuals in the UK have experienced acne at some time in their lives according to the research by Click2Pharmacy.
Emerging Applications in Numerous Industry
Picosecond lasers can be used for skin rejuvenation treatments, targeting areas with pigmented lesions, age spots, and other skin imperfections. The number of laser skin resurfacing procedures in the USA increased by almost 483% between 2000 and 2020 according to the ASPS. Picosecond lasers are effective in treating various pigmented lesions, including freckles, birthmarks, and melasma. These can be used for hair removal, effectively targeting hair follicles with minimal damage to the surrounding skin. The rising demand for hair removals and pigmented lesions treatment is contemplated to bolster the picoseconds lasers market. For instance, hair removal was ranked among the top-five non-surgical cosmetic procedures in 2021 as per the ISAPS.
Increasing Demand for Minimally Invasive Surgeries
Many picosecond laser treatments are non-invasive or minimally invasive which reduces patient discomfort and downtime compared to more invasive aesthetic surgical procedures. The rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries is expected to boost the picosecond lasers market. For instance, there were 13.2 million minimally invasive cosmetic procedures conducted out of a total of 15.6 million cosmetic procedures in 2020 as per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Further, the non-surgical cosmetic procedure increased by 19.9% in 2021 with a total of 54.1% increase in the last four years as per the ISAPS.
Restraints in the Market
The picoseconds lasers market has experienced growth and development however some restraints or challenges can impact its expansion. For example, picosecond laser technology involves complex and advanced components, which can result in a higher upfront investment compared to other laser systems with longer pulse durations. Additionally, the maintenance and service costs for picosecond lasers may be relatively higher due to the precision and sophistication of the components involved. Moreover, some picosecond laser systems may be limited to specific wavelengths, which could restrict their suitability for certain applications that require a broader range of wavelengths.
North America is Expected to Grow Considerably
North America is expected to hold a significant share of the picoseconds lasers market during the forecast period. The factors attributed to such a share are the increasing dermatological conditions, technological advancements, increasing aesthetic cosmetic surgeries, and the presence of major market leaders such as Candela Medical, and Thorlabs. For instance, in the United States, acne is the most prevalent skin disorder, affecting up to 50 million people each year according to the American Academy of Dermatology Association. Moreover, the laser hair removal procedure in the USA increased from 735,996 in 2000 to 1,055,466 in 2019 as per the ASPS.
Major Market Players
- Candela Medical is a leading global medical aesthetics company that specializes in developing and manufacturing advanced laser-based devices for various cosmetic and medical treatments. PicoWay® picoseconds laser machine offered by the company is designed to improve acne scars through 15 to 20-minute treatments.
- Alma Lasers offers a diverse range of cutting-edge technologies and platforms for different applications including hair removal, tattoo removal, skin rejuvenation, and others. The operating principle of PICO CLEAR designed by the company relies on the delivery of extremely short pulses of picosecond energy into the skin tissue.
- PicoQuant, founded in 1996 is a leading company specializing in the development of high-quality instrumentation and solutions for time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy, time-correlated single-photon counting (TCSPC), and photon counting applications. It offers LDH series Prima, and PLS as picosecond pulsed sources.
Key Market Developments
- In March 2023, Doctors Aesthetics Centre (DAC) launched Picocare 250 Majesty skin laser device in South India. It is the world’s first 250 picosecond Nd: YAG laser with US FDA approval.
- In November 2022, Han’s Laser launched 30W ultraviolet picosecond laser that is verified and fully recognized by major customers. It is based on the DRACO series picoseconds platform with excellent technical parameters and ultra-high power stability.
- In March 2022, Cynosure launched its advanced PicoSure® Pro System for advanced pigment and tattoo removal technology. It delivers energy in a trillionth of a second to provide effective treatments for unwanted pigmentation.
- By Technology
- ND YAG
- By Application
- Tattoo Removal
- Pigmented Lesions
- Skin Rejuvenation
- By End-Use
- Dermatology Clinics
- Med Spas
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. PICOSECOND LASERS MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
5.2. ND YAG
6. PICOSECOND LASERS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
6.2. Tattoo Removal
6.3. Pigmented Lesions
6.4. Skin Rejuvenation
7. PICOSECOND LASERS MARKET, BY END-USE
7.2. Dermatology Clinics
7.3. Med Spas
8. PICOSECOND LASERS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. RP Photonics
10.2. Candela Medical
10.3. Alma Lasers
10.4. Pico Quant
10.7. Amada Weld Tech
10.8. Novanta Photonics
10.9. Astanza Laser LLC
10.10. DermNet NZ
Amada Weld Tech
Astanza Laser LLC
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|