Plastic Films & Sheets Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Type (High-density Polyethylene (HDPE), Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE), Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE), Medium-density Polyethylene (MDPE), Polyamide/Nylon, Polycarbonate (PC), Others), By End-User (Packaging, Agriculture, Automotive, Construction, Electronics, Healthcare, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616106
- Pages : 144
The plastic films & sheets market is projected to grow considerably during the forecast period
Plastic films and sheets are becoming more popular because they offer packaging choices that are inexpensive, lightweight, and strong. Moreover, plastic films are crucial for uses like displays, touchscreen devices, and circuit boards in the burgeoning consumer electronics sector. Further, an increase in demand for films with optical clarity, versatility, and electrical insulation has been brought on by the growing use of electronic gadgets and technological breakthroughs. In addition, they are also widely used in agriculture for silage protection, mulching films, and greenhouse covers. These movies increase crop production, manage pests, and provide favourable growth environments, all of which help to increase agricultural productivity.
Growing demand for unique products
In recent years, the industry has grown significantly due to the advent of biaxial films. These movies can extend indistinctly in two directions. Due to its orientation, the film goes through a lot of changes. High rigidity and shiny Ness are present. They are used in a wide variety of industries, including packaging, graphics, electronics, electrical, and photography. Since the demand for these goods is anticipated to increase in the upcoming years, producers of plastic film are concentrating on producing them. They are also widely utilized in the food packaging sector, which is anticipated to increase the plastic films & sheets market share over the projected period.
Increasing development of specialty films
The demand for specialty films has increased recently. The production of specialized films involves the usage of speciality polymers. There are several different types of speciality films, including nylon, polyvinyl butyl, polyolefin, and polyester. Further, there will be a strong need for specialized films of all kinds, including multilayer films. They act as strong barriers and are non-porous. The packing of the meat makes extensive use of these films. They are also extensively utilized in the packaging of pharmaceutical and cosmetic goods. Speciality films are being produced using compostable and biodegradable materials, and demand for these goods is expected to increase over the next few years.
Rising demand for Low-density polyethene (LDPE)
Due to the high tensile and flexibility of Low-density polyethene (LDPE), the plastic films & sheets market size is anticipated to expand over the next few years. Additionally, Low-density polyethene is resistant to greater impact and greater puncture. Moreover, due to its high level of clarity, it is anticipated that it will have a greater market share and see increased usage in the years to come. In comparison to other product types on the market, this one is also somewhat less expensive. They are employed in the textile and food and beverage packaging industries.
Increasing use of plastic films and sheets in the packaging industry
The packaging sector makes extensive use of plastic films and sheets. Due to changes in people's lifestyles, plastic films and sheets have gained popularity in the packaging sector. More people will purchase these products as a result of the rising demand for sustainability. Innovative polymers have been made possible thanks to ongoing research and development in the area. In the upcoming years, there will be better growth potential as a result of the use of this product in the beverage and food industry. Moreover, as there are production facilities in many emerging countries, it is anticipated that demand for these items will increase in those countries.
Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the plastic films & sheets market
The Asia Pacific plastic films & sheets market is expanding as a result of the rising demand for packaged food and the expansion of plastic manufacturing. This is because many consumers choose practical packaging options. The market has also grown in the area as a result of the expanding population and disposable income of local consumers. The Asia Pacific plastic film and sheets market is expanding primarily due to the food and drug packaging sectors. The sizeable and expanding Indian middle class and the rise of organized retailing in the nation are promoting the plastic packaging sector's expansion.
Market key launches
- In March 2021, DuPont launched a new DuPontTM Tedlar® polyvinyl fluoride (PVF) film for lamination of metal roofing and constructing wall panels. Tedlar®-laminated metal has two important qualities: corrosion resistance and resistance to corrosive substances which means that even 1,500 feet from the coast, roofing and metallic panels laminated with Tedlar® film offer improved resistance to corrosion from ocean and salt spray. These characteristics, along with resistance to UV-induced fading, chalking, and blistering, as well as unparalleled pliability, make a durable product suitable for both commercial and residential applications.
- In September 2020, SABIC introduced a sustainable packaging option for frozen food that blends a new polyethene (PE) grade with cutting-edge film production technology. It has a far higher throughput compared to traditional blow PE film solutions and the option to down-gauge, which makes it appealing from both a commercial and environmentally friendly perspective. The solution depends on a mono web TF-BOPE film framework with a thickness of about 20 micrometres, an unheard-of advantage in this industry. In comparison to the current blown PE film, this thin gauge offers a possible packaging material reduction of about 35–50%. The packaging solution's lower thickness reduces its negative environmental effects and aids companies and retailers that want to use less packaging material.
- In June 2020, Innovia Films introduced the Encore range of highly practical recyclable BOPP films. These are produced using non-food renewable raw resources, hence lowering the need for virgin fossil-based raw materials. The Encore packaging and labelling film family will offer the exact same qualities as analogous fossil-based BOPP film, including great water vapour barrier, printability, high rigidity, high clarity, and gloss. The independent German recycling and consulting business Interseroh has previously evaluated Encore and given it its highest certification, certifying that it is completely recyclable.
- By Type
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
- Medium-density polyethylene (MDPE)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- By End-User
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Design
2.2. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. PLASTIC FILMS & SHEETS MARKET, BY TYPE
5.2. High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
5.3. Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
5.4. Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
5.5. Medium-density polyethylene (MDPE)
5.7. Polycarbonate (PC)
6. PLASTIC FILMS & SHEETS MARKET, BY END-USER
7. PLASTIC FILMS & SHEETS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.3. South America
7.4.3. United Kingdom
7.5. Middle East And Africa
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.4. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Market Share Analysis
8.3. Mergers, Acquisition, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. Toray Industries, Inc.
9.2. British Polythene Ltd.
9.3. Toyobo Co., Ltd.
9.4. Berry Global, Inc.
9.6. Sealed Air
9.8. DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
9.10. Amcor plc
9.11. UFlex Ltd.
Toray Industries, Inc.
British Polythene Ltd.
Toyobo Co., Ltd.
Berry Global, Inc.
DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Chocolate Wrapping Film Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|
|Polystyrene Packaging Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|
|Stretch Films Packs Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|
|High Barrier Lidding Film Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|Vapor Barrier Films Market Size & Share: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|