Global Prefabricated Modular Data Center Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Configuration (Semi-Prefabricated, Fully-Prefabricated, All-in-One), By Form Factor (ISO, Non-ISO, Skid-Mounted), By Industry Vertical (Banking And Financial Services, Manufacturing, Communication And Technology, Healthcare, Media And Entertainment, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Nov 2022
- Report Code : KSI061610007
- Pages : 140
The global prefabricated modular data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.84%, reaching a market size of US$5.908 billion in 2027 from US$3.063 billion in 2020.
The rapid adoption of digitalization in various industries such as healthcare, banking and finance, and communications and technology has resulted in an increase in the volume of big data. As such, there is a need to reduce the cost associated with the proper management, control, and storage of data, which is attributable to the increasing internet traffic and internet service usage. The growing trend of using modular facilities to reduce the complexity of traditional facilities is increasing demand for prefabricated modular data centers, which are not only less expensive and easier to deploy, but also provide effective and efficient data storage.
An increase in the demand for energy-efficient and portable IT infrastructure is further bolstering the market growth of the prefabricated modular data center market globally as many enterprises are incorporating prefabricated facilities that streamline their IT operations while enhancing performance. Moreover, these facilities provide more efficient power and cooling as compared to large-scale facilities since they have a built-in aisle containment that reduces hot and cold air mixing.
Market players in the global prefabricated modular data center market are developing environmentally sustainable solutions by incorporating energy-efficient technologies. For example, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. offers a product called the “FusionModule1000B Prefabricated Modular Data Center”. This prefabricated data center module is an enhanced solution that can facilitate the housing, management, and provision of power to modern Information Technology (IT) and Communication Technology (CT) equipment by using a simple, green, and reliable power-plus environment system. It can support both alternating current and direct current due to the inclusion of an integrated power system coupled with an integrated water-cooled and air-cooled in-row system that saves energy and reduces cost. Some of the additional features include automatic fire suppression and detection system, which mitigates the threat of fires, thus protecting the data stored, and an intelligent management system for the effective management of infrastructure facilities.
Recently, in February 2020, the company launched a new product called the “FusionDC 2.0 under their Fusion series at the Industry Digital Transformation Conference. This new product by Huawei adopts the concept of technologies such as Artificial Intelligence-Fusion, Building-Fusion, Component-Fusion, and Digital-Fusion to facilitate the development of data center facilities that are effective and efficient, and advanced enough to tackle future requirements. It makes use of prefabricated modular solutions to reduce deployment time.
The global prefabricated modular data center market is segmented by configuration, form factor, industry vertical, and geography. By configuration, the global prefabricated modular data center market is segmented as semi-prefabricated, fully-fabricated, and all-in-one. By form factor, the global prefabricated modular data center market is segmented as ISO, enclosure, and skid-mounted. By industry vertical, the market is segmented as banking and financial services (BFS), manufacturing, communications and technology, healthcare, media and entertainment, and others.
All-in-one to witness a substantial growth rate during the forecast period
All-in-one is expected to grow at a considerable CAGR over the forecast period, which is attributable to the increasing adoption of all-in-one solutions in various industries as it can provide much better and enhanced features coupled with the ability to cater to a wide variety of applications. Moreover, this configuration helps organizations achieve scalability as it is more efficient and requires less power consumption.
North America and Europe hold significant shares in the global prefabricated modular data center market
The global prefabricated modular data center market is divided into five regions: North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC). The North American prefabricated modular data accounted for a significant market share in 2019 and will remain in that position till the end of the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the early adoption of new technologies coupled with the presence of major market players in the region. The high adoption rate of prefabricated modular data centers across different industries in countries like the U.S. and Canada to maintain a huge volume of data is further contributing to the market growth in this region.
Increasing investments in the European region to boost the adoption rate of prefabricated data centers in various end-user industries to meet their data management and storage requirements are fuelling the growth of this regional market. For instance, recently in March 2020, Vertiv, a company dealing in the provision of infrastructure solutions globally, announced the launch of a prefabricated modular data center, which has been awarded the TIER-Ready designation laid down by the Uptime Institute to achieve performance resiliency. The new and TIER-Ready certified prefabricated data center module by Vertiv has been made available in Europe and the Middle East and Africa region.
Also, Vertiv is involved in a TIER-Ready Partnership, which is a strategic agreement between Vertiv and Uptime Institute. Under this partnership agreement, the Uptime institute is going to carry out reviews on some of the specific models of prefabricated modules, those that need to meet the stringent requirements of the TIER Standard of Topology. Furthermore, as a part of this agreement, Vertiv has also completed an Uptime INsitutes TIER-ready III design review for its new product, the “Smart Mod PFM”.
- January 2022: To manage an increase in mobile data induced by tourists, a new facility was set up in the northwest of China. A factory constructed and prefabricated the equipment, dividing the new data center into 232 modules. The modules were then put together on-site when the preliminary preparation was finished. The brand-new building has five stories. Due to the cold local climate, the data center, which uses Huawei's FusionCol indirect evaporative cooling, can be naturally cooled for roughly 10 months out of the year.
- September 2022: Vertiv has introduced its modular data center infrastructure services, including prefabricated modular data centers, in India. The integrated solutions provide a quick and easy approach to installing capacity while being adaptable platforms that are designed for the deployment of IT assets. Additionally, they offer simple scalability, enabling the data center operator to commence with a solution that fulfills immediate needs and to increase capacity as necessary. The prefabricated modular data centers from Vertiv make use of their surveillance and control, critical power, and thermal control capabilities.
- SE Prefabricated Data Hall: SE Scalable prefabricated IT infrastructure is made up of factory-built IT modules that are quickly and easily assembled on site to create a sizable, useful IT room. Service providers and enterprise customers implementing IT in 50 to 200 rack increments have the opportunity to scale up swiftly while having the on-site installation greatly simplified with the help of prefabricated data halls. As a standalone system with physical protection, redundant power and cooling, and the ability to be remotely monitored and managed with the full suite of EcoStruxure software, the data center can be placed outside or inside a conventional building shell.
- Huawei FusionDC: Huawei's advanced series of data center infrastructure products, pre-integrated intelligent thermal management system, intelligent energy supply and distribution network, lithium battery system, fire extinguishing system, and intelligent management software are all included in the Huawei FusionDC prefabricated modular data center solution. These features make it easier for customers to construct simple and direct, eco-friendly, smart, and dependable data centers. Rapid deployment, lower initial investment, elastic capacity growth, and intelligent O&M are all special benefits of Huawei FusionDC. It can successfully handle the difficulties posed by the rapid expansion of cloud, AI, and 5G services in the data center construction industry.
Global Prefabricated Modular Data Center Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$3.063 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$5.908 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 9.84% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Configuration, Form Factor, Industry Vertical, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Dell Inc, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, Emerson Electric Co., Colt Group Holdings Limited, Schneider Electric, Cannon Technologies, Eltek, Vertiv Group Corp., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd, IBM|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Configuration
- By Form Factor
- By Industry Vertical
- Banking and Financial Services (BFSI)
- Communications and Technology
- Media and Entertainment
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Research Data
3. Executive Summary
3.1. Research Highlights
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Global Prefabricated Modular Data Center Market Analysis, By Configuration
5.3. Fully prefabricated
6. Global Prefabricated Modular Data Center Market Analysis, By Form Factor
7. Global Prefabricated Modular Data Center Market Analysis, By Industry Vertical
7.2. Banking and Financial Services (BFSI)
7.4. Communications and Technology
7.6. Media and Entertainment
8. Global Prefabricated Modular Data Center Market Analysis, By Geography
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.4.3. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. Competitive Environment and Analysis
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Dell Inc
10.2. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
10.3. Emerson Electric Co.
10.4. Colt Group Holdings Limited
10.5. Schneider Electric
10.6. Cannon Technologies
10.8. Vertiv Group Corp.
10.9. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
Emerson Electric Co.
Colt Group Holdings Limited
Vertiv Group Corp.
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Data Center Colocation Market Size & Share: Report, 2021 - 2026||May 2023|
|Data Center Security Market Size & Share: Report, 2021 - 2026||Aug 2021|
|Data Center Rack Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2022 - 2027||Nov 2022|
|Americas Data Center Colocation Market Size: Report, 2022-2027||Nov 2022|
|Europe Middle East and Africa Data Center Colocation Market: 2022-2027||Nov 2022|