Green Data Center Market Size, Share, Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, And Trends By Products (Hardware (Cooling Solutions, Power Solutions, Networking Solutions, Others), Software, Services (Consulting Services, Design And System Integration, Monitoring Services)), By End Users (Colocation Service Providers, Enterprises, Cloud Service Providers), By Enterprise Size (Small Enterprises, Medium Enterprises, Large Enterprises), By Industry Verticals (Banking And Financial Services, Communication And Technology, Media And Entertainment, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Energy, Education, Government, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2022 To 2027
- Published : Nov 2022
- Report Code : KSI061610017
- Pages : 142
The green data center market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 17.05% to reach US$133.787 billion by 2027, from US$44.432 billion in 2020.
Green Data Centers are computer facilities, where data is stored, managed, and operated. They are designed to maximize energy efficiency and minimize environmental impact. Green Data Center reduces operational costs and carbon footprint by using energy-efficient power supply systems, servers, LEDs, etc.
Data has become a meaningful resource for any organization to serve its customers. Data Mining techniques have brought synergies in handling the data of customers and then analyzing it to get a sense of the customer’s purchasing patterns. These developments are being deployed excessively by companies such as Amazon, Flipkart, and Myntra, among others. With the developing trend of digitalization of processes across developing countries, the amount of data to be maintained is colossal. For that matter, the number of data storage facilities is rising, and the energy consumed in such processes is straining the environment by exploiting non-renewable energy resources. This leads to the demand for Green Data Centers which stores the data much more economically and efficiently. Governmental regulations, focusing on more renewable means of energy utilization are augmenting the growth of this market.
The growing volumes of data of customers at the global level are elevating the market growth in the forecast period.
Developing companies are adding more customers to the digital economy, owing to improvements in infrastructure facilities and an increment in disposable incomes, and hence, customers are spending more time and money on digital services such as making payments or storing files. Hence, increasing the storage capacity of data centers is becoming a prime focus of companies with a rising number of internet users. Companies with a far sight are investing in Green Data Centers despite high initial investments to reduce operational costs. Additionally, cloud storage facilities, used to store data on server computers without taking up physical space, are also enhancing the proliferation of green data storage centers.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to show a substantial growth rate in the forecast period with the changing regulations in the countries.
In India, the Digital India program has initiated a series of alterations in different exercises. Direct Benefit Transfers to bank accounts, online tax payments, and upper cash exchange limits are some of the steps taken to digitize the economy. Cheaper internet tariffs have provided a cushion to the regulatory changes in the economy. Inclination towards online shopping, food delivery apps, and ride-hailing apps, all added to the need for massive data storage facilities.
North America is expected to hold the largest share of the green data center market due to the presence of big data-driven companies and the growth of the latest technological changes such as 5G and Big Data Analytics. International organizations and domestic Governments have been pressurizing countries to reduce carbon footprints, which has enhanced the demand for the green data centers.
- March 2022: The Green Innovation Fund of Japan's New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization will support initiatives advancing Green data centers. The initiative has selected a number of businesses to work on it. This comprises Kyocera Corporation, Kioxia Corporation, AIO Core Corporation, NEC Corporation, and Fujitsu. Building Next-Generation Digital Infrastructure, a 2 trillion-yen project, will aid in the advancement of silicon carbide semiconductor fabrication and SiC wafer manufacturing technologies.
- August 2022: Over the next ten years, the Johor state government anticipates investing RM15 billion in the YTL Green Data Center Park, particularly in light of the increasing need for data centers in the area. Sea Ltd will become the YTL Green Data Center Park's anchor tenant with the Sea Data Centre. A technology corporation with its headquarters in Singapore called Sea Ltd has key businesses in online media, e-commerce, as well as payment systems and financial services. By the first quarter of 2024, the 72MW facility with Tier-III certification is anticipated to be completed.
- HCL Technologies Green Data Center: Through the Certified Alliance Partnership Program (CAPP), HCL has teamed up with suppliers to provide green data centers in environmentally friendly buildings and adopted innovative technologies including ultra-sonic humidification, high-density racks, variable frequency drives, and highly efficient harmonic mitigation transformers. This has enabled HCL to provide knowledgeable assistance, green data center solutions, and clean, affordable energy. Enterprises may expect facilities, management evaluation, technology, green procurement; new data center design, e-waste recycling programs, cooling and power management, along with analysis, monitoring, and management, by choosing HCL's Next Gen Green Data Center Methodology.
- Fujitsu PRIMERGY System: High energy efficiency is provided by FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY systems. The latest PRIMERGY server generation uses highly effective parts, cutting-edge cooling technology, and premium power management technologies. Due to Cool-safe Advanced Thermal Design, servers can withstand a broader wide range of temperatures, and the possibility of heat-related downtimes decreases. This can result in a Greener data center with lower operational costs when combined with solutions like virtualization and consolidation.
Green Data Center Market Scope:
|Market Size Value in 2020||US$44.432 billion|
|Market Size Value in 2027||US$133.787 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 17.05% from 2020 to 2027|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Products, End-Users, Enterprise Size, Industry Vertical, And Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Cisco Systems, Inc., IBM, Hewlett-Packard Development Company L.P, Fujitsu, Dell Inc, Eaton, Schneider Electric, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
- By Products
- Cooling Solutions
- Power Solutions
- Networking Solutions
- Consulting Services
- Design and System Integration
- Monitoring Services
- By End-Users
- Colocation Service Providers
- Cloud Service Providers
- By Enterprise Size
- Small Enterprises
- Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
- By Industry Vertical
- Banking and Financial Services
- Communication and Technology
- Media and Entertainment
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- The Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Research Data
3. Executive Summary
3.1. Research Highlights
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Green Data Center Market Analysis, by Products
5.2.1. Cooling Solutions
5.2.2. Power Solutions
5.2.3. Networking Solutions
5.4.1. Consulting Services
5.4.2. Design and System Integration
5.4.3. Monitoring Services
6. Green Data Center Market Analysis, by End Users
6.2. Colocation Service Providers
6.4. Cloud Service Providers
7. Green Data Center Market Analysis, by Enterprise Size
7.2. Small Enterprises
7.3. Medium Enterprises
7.4. Large Enterprises
8. Green Data Center Market Analysis, by Industry Vertical
8.2. Banking and Financial Services
8.3. Communication and Technology
8.4. Media and Entertainment
9. Green Data Center Market Analysis, by Geography
9.2. North America
9.3. South America
9.4.3. United Kingdom
9.5. Middle East and Africa
9.5.1. Saudi Arabia
9.6. Asia Pacific
9.6.3. South Korea
10. Competitive Environment and Analysis
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
10.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
11. Company Profiles
11.1. Cisco Systems, Inc.
11.3. Hewlett-Packard Development Company L.P
11.5. Dell Inc
11.7. Schneider Electric
11.8. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Hewlett-Packard Development Company L.P
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Data Center Security Market Size & Share: Report, 2021 - 2026||Aug 2021|
|Data Center Infrastructure Market Size: Industry Report, 2022-2027||Nov 2022|
|Data Center Power Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2022 - 2027||Nov 2022|
|Data Center Logical Security Market Size & Share: Report, 2022-2027||Nov 2022|
|Data Center Migration Market Size: Industry Report, 2021 – 2026||May 2021|