Green Technology - Sustainability Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Component (Solution, Services (Consulting, Integration And Deployment, Support And Maintenance)), By Technology (Internet Of Things (IoT), AI And Analytics, Digital Twin, Cloud Computing, Blockchain, Others), By Application (Green Building, Carbon Footprint Management, Air And Water Pollution Monitoring, Weather Monitoring And Forecasting, Fire Detection, Crop Monitoring, Soil Condition/Moisture Monitoring, Forest Monitoring, Sustainable Mining And Exploration, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Nov 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616203
- Pages : 141
The green technology and sustainability market is anticipated to show steady growth during the forecast period.
Green technology, a vital aspect of sustainable development, encompasses the creation and implementation of eco-friendly and enduring products, services, and procedures. Its core objective is to curtail the adverse effects of human activities on the ecosystem and foster a more sustainable and ecologically balanced future. This forward-looking approach finds application across diverse sectors, including energy, transportation, agriculture, and waste management, playing a crucial role in each of these domains. Noteworthy examples of green technology comprise the utilization of renewable energy sources such as solar and wind, the integration of electric vehicles to reduce carbon emissions, and the incorporation of sustainable building materials to minimize environmental impact. In addition, the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) stands as a significant component of green technology, facilitating the management of environmental footprints and tackling the challenges posed by climate change and ecological degradation. It is imperative, however, to exercise caution in accepting claims of green technology, as instances of deceptive marketing strategies, known as greenwashing, could compromise genuine efforts toward sustainability. Moreover, in the pursuit of green technology research and advancements, it is paramount to uphold ethical standards and avoid any form of intellectual property infringement, ensuring the integrity and authenticity of the innovations. Ultimately, the widespread adoption of green technology emerges as a critical instrument in mitigating the detrimental impact of human actions on the environment, steering us toward a more sustainable and ecologically harmonious future.
The green technology and sustainability market refers to the dynamic sphere of economic activities that involve the development and utilization of environmentally conscious products, services, and processes, all with the underlying goal of fostering long-term economic and social sustainability. This market is anticipated to experience exponential growth in the foreseeable future, primarily fueled by a burgeoning global consciousness regarding environmental preservation, a mounting sense of urgency to combat the adverse effects of climate change and air pollution, and the widespread integration of cutting-edge technological advancements. The segmentation of this market is predicated on diverse criteria, including variations in technology, application, and geographical location. Notably, the green technology and sustainability market rely heavily on a suite of advanced technologies, including but not limited to the Internet of Things (IoT), cloud computing, artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics, digital twin, cybersecurity, and blockchain, all of which play instrumental roles in propelling sustainable practices to the forefront of modern industrial processes. Among the key industry players shaping this market's trajectory are renowned entities such as General Electric Company, Enablon, Salesforce.com, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Schneider Electric, and Engie Impact, each contributing significantly to the expansion and innovation of sustainable technologies. Within this landscape, the solutions segment is expected to assert its dominance, wielding considerable market influence throughout the projected period by furnishing end-users with an array of indispensable tools, including real-time statistical data, comprehensive monitoring and charting capabilities, as well as a host of critical management services.
- Increasing awareness and concern towards the environment: The increasing recognition of the need for responsible environmental stewardship and the consequences of human actions on the planet's well-being is propelling a notable shift towards the incorporation of green technology and sustainable practices in various industries. This paradigm shift is not only the result of heightened environmental consciousness among individuals but also a response to the pressing global need to address climate change and other ecological challenges. As a consequence, businesses, governments, and communities alike are increasingly investing in and embracing eco-friendly technologies and sustainable solutions to minimize their carbon footprint and ecological impact.
- Adoption of advanced technologies: The adoption of advanced technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), which refers to the interconnection of devices via the Internet, allows for the seamless exchange of data and communication between various systems. In the context of green technology and sustainability, IoT enables the monitoring and optimization of energy consumption in buildings and industrial processes, leading to more efficient resource utilization and reduced carbon footprint. Similarly, the integration of cloud computing has facilitated the storage, management, and analysis of vast amounts of environmental data, thereby enabling informed decision-making and the development of sustainable strategies.
- Rising initiatives to tackle climate change and air pollution: The increasing initiatives by governments, businesses, and individuals to tackle climate change and air pollution are driving the market. Governments worldwide are implementing regulations to incentivize the adoption of environmentally friendly technologies and practices. For instance, many countries are offering tax incentives, subsidies, and grants to encourage businesses to invest in green technology research and development. Simultaneously, businesses are recognizing the potential for cost savings and improved public perception by integrating sustainable practices into their operations. Many companies are actively investing in research and development to create innovative green technologies, such as carbon capture systems, sustainable packaging solutions, and efficient waste management processes.
- Government regulations: The increasing awareness and concerns about environmental degradation have compelled governments worldwide to institute regulations and policies that prioritize sustainability and eco-friendliness. These regulations are geared towards fostering a more responsible and conscientious approach to economic activities, encouraging the adoption of green technology and sustainable practices across various industries. These governmental measures often include the implementation of stringent emission standards, the promotion of renewable energy sources, the encouragement of energy-efficient technologies, and the establishment of incentives for businesses to adopt eco-friendly practices.
- Consumer demand: The increasing demand from environmentally conscious consumers for eco-friendly products and services is a significant driving force behind the rapid expansion and development of the green technology and sustainability market. As individuals and communities become more aware of the detrimental effects of conventional practices on the environment, there has been a notable shift towards the adoption of products and services that minimize ecological footprints and promote sustainable living. This demand has propelled businesses and industries to invest heavily in research and development aimed at producing innovative, eco-friendly solutions that align with sustainable practices and principles.
Products offered by key companies:
- Microsoft has developed the Azure Sustainability Manager, which is a tool that helps customers track and manage their environmental impact. Azure Sustainability Manager can be used to track carbon emissions, water usage, and waste production. It can also be used to identify and implement sustainability initiatives.
- Cority's Environmental Cloud Sustainability Software is a cloud-based platform that helps organizations manage their environmental, social, and governance (ESG) performance. The software provides a comprehensive set of tools for tracking and reporting on sustainability metrics, managing compliance with environmental regulations, and identifying and implementing sustainability initiatives.
Prominent growth in the services segment within the green technology – sustainability market:
The services segment is anticipated to play a pivotal role in the green technology and sustainability market during the forecast period. Green technology and sustainability solutions offer users a range of essential services and tools, including real-time statistics, comprehensive charting and monitoring tools, and effective management services, thereby contributing to the segment's significant market share. This services segment encompasses diverse components such as consulting, integration, and deployment, catering to the multifaceted needs of businesses and organizations venturing into sustainable practices and technologies. This surge in demand for consulting services is a direct response to the escalating requirement for expert guidance in adopting sustainable practices and technologies across various industries. Simultaneously, the escalating necessity for comprehensive support and maintenance services is vital in ensuring the seamless and uninterrupted operation of green technology solutions within these sectors. Moreover, the integration and deployment services segment is expected to witness substantial growth owing to the increased adoption of cutting-edge technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics, digital twin, cybersecurity, and blockchain. This trend is anticipated to persist as more businesses and industries recognize the value and benefits of incorporating green technology and sustainability solutions into their operational frameworks, particularly within crucial sectors like energy, transportation, agriculture, and waste management. As a result, the services segment is poised to sustain its upward trajectory, solidifying its integral position in the green technology and sustainability market in the years to come.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to hold a significant share of the green technology – -sustainability market:
The Asia Pacific region, encompassing a vast geographical area and a diverse set of economies, is expected to hold a significant share of the green technology and sustainability market, playing a pivotal role in shaping the global trajectory towards a more sustainable future. Projections indicate that the region will witness substantial growth during the forecast period, driven by the increasing adoption of green technology as an eco-innovation approach across various industries. In the last decade, the Asia Pacific region has made notable strides towards transitioning to a renewable energy-powered future. Notably, China, Japan, Taiwan, India, and South Korea have emerged as key economic powerhouses, spearheading the region's sustainable development initiatives. Governments in these nations have made strategic investments in fostering the growth of renewable energy infrastructure, including the deployment of solar and wind energy systems, the implementation of smart grid technologies, the promotion of electric vehicles, and the construction of green buildings. Notably, China has claimed the largest market share in the green technology and sustainability sector, reflecting its robust commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainable development practices. Similarly, the Indian market has exhibited remarkable growth, positioning itself as the fastest-growing market in the Asia-Pacific region. The burgeoning green technology and sustainability market in the Asia Pacific region can be attributed to the heightened awareness and concerns regarding environmental issues, coupled with an increased emphasis on combating climate change and air pollution. Moreover, the widespread adoption of advanced technologies has facilitated the integration of innovative and eco-friendly solutions across different sectors. With this momentum, the Asia Pacific region is poised to remain a significant driver of growth and innovation, shaping the future landscape of green technology and sustainability on a global scale.
- In November 2022, IBM announced at COP27 the new members of its global pro bono social impact program, IBM Sustainability Accelerator. This program uses IBM technologies, such as artificial intelligence and hybrid cloud, and a network of experts to improve and scale projects focused on populations vulnerable to environmental threats.
- In January 2022, Schneider Electric, a global leader in digital energy management and automation, launched Infrastructure of the Future, a comprehensive suite of solutions designed to build smart and sustainable infrastructure.
- By Component
- Integration and Deployment
- Support and Maintenance
- By Technology
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- AI and Analytics
- Digital Twin
- Cloud Computing
- By Application
- Green Building
- Carbon Footprint Management
- Air and Water Pollution Monitoring
- Weather Monitoring and Forecasting
- Fire Detection
- Crop Monitoring
- Soil Condition/Moisture Monitoring
- Forest Monitoring
- Sustainable Mining and Exploration
- By Geography
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Processes
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. GREEN TECHNOLOGY & SUSTAINABILITY MARKET BY COMPONENT
5.3.2. Integration and Deployment
5.3.3. Support and Maintenance
6. GREEN TECHNOLOGY & SUSTAINABILITY MARKET BY TECHNOLOGY
6.2. Internet of Things (IoT)
6.3. AI and Analytics
6.4. Digital Twin
6.5. Cloud Computing
7. GREEN TECHNOLOGY & SUSTAINABILITY MARKET BY APPLICATION
7.2. Green Building
7.3. Carbon Footprint Management
7.4. Air and Water Pollution Monitoring
7.5. Weather Monitoring and Forecasting
7.6. Fire Detection
7.7. Crop Monitoring
7.8. Soil Condition/Moisture Monitoring
7.9. Forest Monitoring
7.10. Sustainable Mining and Exploration
8. GREEN TECHNOLOGY & SUSTAINABILITY MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. The Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. General Electric
10.2. Wolters Kluwer N.V.
10.3. Salesforce, Inc.
10.5. Schneider Electric
10.6. Engie Impact
10.7. Cority (Enviance)
10.8. Sensus (Xylem brand)
10.9. CropX, Inc.
Wolters Kluwer N.V.
Sensus (Xylem brand)
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Cloud Analytics Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2021 - 2026||Aug 2021|
|Blockchain Market Size, Share & Growth: Industry Report, 2021-2026||Jun 2021|
|Blockchain Market for Agriculture and Food Supply Market Size | 2019 to 2024||Mar 2020|
|IoT Security Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023 – 2028||Mar 2023|
|Cloud Computing Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Jun 2023|