Secure Access Service Edge Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Component (Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN), Secure Web Gateway (SWG), Cloud Access Security Breaker (CASB), Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA)), By Enterprise Size (Small, Medium, Large), By End-User (BFSI, Healthcare, Government, Retail, IT & Telecommunication, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Nov 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616186
- Pages : 145
The secure access service edge market is anticipated to show steady growth during the forecast period.
Secure access service edge (SASE) is a type of network architecture that combines network security functions with wide area network (WAN) capabilities. It offers a cloud-based service enabling secure access to data and applications, ensuring seamless connectivity for users, irrespective of their geographical location. The increasing adoption of cloud computing, growing cyber threats coupled with increasing demand for remote work has emerged as a significant driving force behind the substantial growth of the secure access service edge industry.
- Surging cloud adoption bolsters the secure access service edge market growth.
With data and applications being stored and accessed in the cloud, traditional security measures are often insufficient to protect sensitive information and maintain network performance. SASE provides a comprehensive solution by integrating security and networking functionalities, ensuring secure access to cloud-based resources from any location. The surge in cloud adoption along with the need for data protection and maintaining network performance has propelled the growth of the secure access service edge industry. This trend is underscored by the growing investment in secure access service edge solutions by enterprises worldwide. For instance, Palo Alto Networks Inc. had 4,200 customers in Q3 of 2023. Also, The company formed an agreement of US$30 million with a US headquartered global beverage company which included $24 million of complete SASE transformation that included Prisma Access, Autonomous Digital Experience Management, and SD-WAN.
- Rise in cyber threat drives secure access service edge market growth.
SASE integrates various security measures such as secure web gateways, firewalls, and zero-trust network access, ensuring that all network traffic, regardless of location, is consistently monitored and protected. The rise in cyber threats along with the need to ensure data privacy has accelerated the demand for secure access service edge. For instance, as per the data maintained by the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal, more than 16 lakh cyber-crime incidents have been reported and more than 32 thousand FIRs have been registered from 01.01.2020 to 07.12.2022 in India. The escalating incidents of cyber threats have reinforced the critical role of SASE in integrating robust security measures to protect network traffic, ensuring data privacy, and mitigating potential cyber risks.
By integrating security and networking functionalities, SASE ensures that remote workers can connect to company networks safely and efficiently, irrespective of their location enabling a secure remote work environment. The increasing demand for remote work after the COVID-19 pandemic has boosted the demand for secure access service edge. For instance, according to the United States Census Bureau, between 2019 and 2021, the number of people primarily working from home tripled from 5.7% (roughly 9 million people) to 17.9% (27.6 million people) and nearly half (48.3%) of workers in the District of Columbia worked from home in 2021. This underscores the growing reliance on remote work, emphasizing the critical role of SASE in ensuring secure access to corporate networks and data for remote employees.
North America is projected to account for a major share of the secure access service edge market owing to the region being home to a large number of large enterprises, the presence of leading secure access service edge solution providers such as Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, and Zscaler coupled with strong government support which stimulates secure access service edge’s demand. Also, some of the major cloud service providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft's Azure, and Google Cloud are based in the US. The strong presence of SASE and cloud service providers in North America underscores the region's central role in driving innovation and development in the dynamic landscape of secure access service edge solutions.
- High complexity will restrain the secure access service edge market growth.
The growth of the secure access service edge industry may be restrained by the high complexity that comes with integrating a variety of security functions such as secure web gateways (SWGs), cloud access security brokers (CASBs), firewalls as a service (FWaaS), and zero-trust network access (ZTNA), into a single platform. This complexity can make it difficult for businesses to understand and implement SASE solutions effectively. Also, secure access service edge solutions are highly customizable, businesses need to carefully consider their specific needs and requirements when configuring SASE solutions. which can also add to the complexity of managing them.
- May 2023: Kyndryl launched a managed Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) solution powered by Fortinet which aims to help customers enable advanced network security initiatives. The solution combines Fortinet’s top-tier cloud-based security and networking solutions with Kyndryl's specialized network and security services, delivering tailored and advanced networking solutions for a diverse range of customers spanning various industries.
- Prisma SASE: Palo Alto Networks is an AI-powered Prisma SASE that ensures continuous security for all applications used by hybrid workforces, regardless of user location, whether remote, mobile, or on-site. With ZTNA 2.0, it safeguards all application traffic, significantly mitigating the risk of data breaches while ensuring secure access and data protection.
- SecureEdge: Barracuda Networks, Inc. ‘s SecureEdge a SASE platform, empowers businesses to regulate data access from any device, wherever and whenever needed. It facilitates security inspection and policy enforcement in the cloud, branch, or device, offering comprehensive enterprise-grade security, including Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), Firewall-as-a-Service, web security, and seamlessly integrated office connectivity through Secure SD-WAN.
- Cloudflare One: Cloudflare’s SASE, Cloudflare One, is a Zero Trust network-as-a-service platform that seamlessly links users to enterprise assets, providing identity-based security controls in proximity to users, regardless of their location. By adopting CloudflareOne, organizations can transition from the traditional model of centralized corporate data centers secured by on-premise network perimeters, embracing a more dynamic and distributed network infrastructure approach.
- By Component
- Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN)
- Secure Web Gateway (SWG)
- Cloud Access Security Breaker (CASB)
- Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA)
- By Enterprise Size
- By End-User
- IT & Telecommunication
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. SECURE ACCESS SERVICE EDGE (SASE) SECURITY MARKET, BY COMPONENT
5.2. Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN)
5.3. Secure Web Gateway (SWG)
5.4. Cloud Access Security Breaker (CASB)
5.5. Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA)
6. SECURE ACCESS SERVICE EDGE (SASE) SECURITY MARKET, BY ENTERPRISE SIZE
7. SECURE ACCESS SERVICE EDGE (SASE) SECURITY MARKET, BY END-USER
7.6. IT & Telecommunication
8. SECURE ACCESS SERVICE EDGE (SASE) SECURITY MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.3. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Palo Alto Networks
10.2. Barracuda Networks, Inc.
10.4. Microsoft Corporation
10.5. Zscaler Inc.
10.6. Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
10.7. Fortinet, Inc.
10.8. VMWare Inc.
10.9. Netskope Inc.
10.10. Cloudflare, Inc.
Palo Alto Networks
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Cloud Storage Gateway Market Size & Share: Report, 2022 - 2027||Nov 2022|
|5G Network Security Market Size & Share, Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||Aug 2023|
|Network Security Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|
|SD-WAN Market Size, Share & Trends: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Aug 2023|
|IoT Node And Gateway Market Size & Share: Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|