Global lithium-ion battery market is estimated to witness a CAGR of 15.33% to reach US$80.392 billion in 2024 from US$34.163 billion in 2018. Lithium-ion batteries are rechargeable, lightweight, high-energy-density batteries that have high capacity and efficiency than other batteries. They are widely applied in diverse areas ranging from small appliances and IT devices to power tools, energy storage systems and etc. With renewables and clean sources forming a vital part of the global energy mix, lithium-ion batteries are continuously evolving in the overall energy cosmos. Burgeoning demand for these batteries across industries such as automotive and electronics are the key driving factor that is boosting the lithium-ion battery market growth. The market is expected to grow at a good pace owing to its increased industrial applications and rising investments in the renewable energy sector that is expected to accelerate the demand for Li-Ion batteries. The Asia Pacific is expected to be a high growth rate market owing to growing automobile and electronic manufacturing.
• High demand for lithium-ion batteries from the automotive and electronics industries.
• The rise in demand for electric vehicles
• Stringent safety regulations for batteries during storage, transportation, and disposal.
• In March 2019, A team of scientists including researchers at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Brookhaven National Laboratory and SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory has identified the causes of degradation in a cathode material for lithium-ion batteries, as well as possible remedies. The findings could lead to the development of more affordable and better-performing batteries for electric vehicles
• In May 2019, Volvo Car Group signed long-term agreements with leading battery makers CATL and LG Chem to ensure the multi-billion dollar supply of lithium-ion batteries over the coming decade for next-generation Volvo and Polestar models.
• A new study published in April 2019 in the Journal of Advanced Energy Materials brings out a new recycling method for Lithium-Ion batteries which is claimed to be safer and uses less energy.
The global lithium-Ion battery market has been analyzed through the following segments:
• By Power Capacity
o 0 to 3,000 mAh
o 3,000 mAh to 10,000 mAh
o 10,000 mAh to 60,000 mAh
o More than 60,000 mAh
• By End User Industry
• By Geography
o North America
• South America
o United Kingdom
• Middle East and Africa
o Saudi Arabia
• Asia Pacific
o South Korea
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the growth prospects for the lithium-ion battery market?
A1. The lithium-ion battery market is estimated to witness a CAGR of 15.33% during the forecast period.
Q2. Which region holds the largest market share in the lithium-ion battery market?
A2. The Asia Pacific is expected to hold a significant share in the lithium-ion battery market owing to growing automobile and electronic manufacturing.
Q3. What will be the lithium-ion battery market size by 2024?
A3. The global lithium-ion battery market is estimated to reach a total market size of US$80.392 billion by 2024.
Q4. What is the size of the global lithium-ion battery market?
A4. Lithium-Ion Battery Market was valued at US$34.163 billion in 2018.
Q5. What factors are anticipated to drive the lithium-ion battery market growth?
A5. Burgeoning demand for these batteries across industries such as automotive and electronics are the key driving factor that is boosting the lithium-ion battery market growth.
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.6. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Design
2.2. Secondary Sources
3. KEY FINDINGS
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Segmentation
4.2. Market Drivers
4.3. Market Restraints
4.4. Market Opportunities
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.6. Life Cycle Analysis - Regional Snapshot
4.7. Market Attractiveness
5. GLOBAL LITHIUM-ION BATTERY MARKET BY POWER CAPACITY
5.1. 0 to 3000 mAh
5.2. 3000 mAh to 10000 mAh
5.3. 10000 mAh to 60000 mAh
5.4. More than 60000 mAh
6. GLOBAL LITHIUM-ION BATTERY MARKET BY END USER INDUSTRY
7. GLOBAL LITHIUM-ION BATTERY MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
7.1. North America
7.2. South America
7.3.3. United Kingdom
7.4. Middle East and Africa
7.4.1. Saudi Arabia
7.5. Asia Pacific
7.5.3. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
8.1. Competitive Benchmarking and Analysis
8.2. Recent Investments and Deals
8.3. Strategies of Key Players
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. SAMSUNG SDI CO., LTD.
9.2. Panasonic Corporation
9.3. Automotive Energy Supply Corporation
9.4. LG Chem
9.5. TOSHIBA CORPORATION
9.6. Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.
9.7. BAK GROUP
9.8. GS Yuasa International Ltd.
9.10. BYD Company Ltd.
LIST OF FIGURES
LIST OF TABLES
SAMSUNG SDI CO., LTD.
Automotive Energy Supply Corporation
Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.
GS Yuasa International Ltd
BYD Company Ltd.
All our studies come with 2 months of analyst support.
We are in compliance with the global privacy laws.