WLAN Controller Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Access Point (Standalone Access Point, Multifunction Access Point, Controlled Access Point), By Deployment (Centralized, Cloud-Based, Embedded), By Enterprise Size (Small, Medium, Large), By End-User (BFSI, Healthcare, Government, IT & Telecommunication, Education, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Oct 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616075
- Pages : 144
The WLAN controller market is anticipated to grow at a steady pace throughout the forecast period.
A Wireless LAN (WLAN) controller is a network device that manages and controls multiple wireless access points (APs) within a wireless network infrastructure. Its primary function is to centralize the management and configuration of access points, ensuring seamless and efficient operation of the entire wireless network. The rising demand for wireless connectivity coupled with the growing adoption of remote workplaces by enterprises is majorly stimulating the WLAN controller market expansion. Moreover, the growing trend of BYOD strategy and the security concerns impacting various enterprises is further stimulating the market expansion.
Rising Demand for Wireless Connectivity
The increasing use of mobile devices, laptops, IoT devices, and smart devices has led to a higher demand for wireless connectivity. WLAN controllers are essential in managing and optimizing the performance of these devices in a network. For instance, there were nearly 6.4 billion smartphone users worldwide as per the article published in Clario. Moreover, around 99% of Denmark's population and 93% of Canada's population were active internet users in 2021 according to the CIA data. Therefore, the rising demand for wireless connectivity driven by the proliferation of devices and data usage has prompted the need for effective management thereby propelling the WLAN controller market.
Growing Enterprise Mobility
As businesses adopt mobile work strategies and remote working becomes more common, WLAN controllers are critical for maintaining a secure and seamless wireless experience for employees regardless of their location within the organization. According to an Owl Labs report, there were around 24% of the companies were completely remote in 2022. Additionally, as per the same source, the number of people preferring to work remotely has increased by 24% since 2021 and the number of people who selected hybrid work has increased by 16%. This remote working culture is anticipated to augment the WLAN controller market.
Growing Trend of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
The WLAN controller market growth is significantly influenced by the growing adoption of BYOD strategies. For instance, according to the Cyber Talk Organization Report 2020, around 67% of firms worldwide supported the BYOD policy. Furthermore, BYOD devices have enhanced employee productivity by an estimated 34%. WLAN controller plays a vital role in implementing the BYOD strategy. For example, WLAN controllers enforce access control policies to ensure that only authorized devices can connect to the corporate network. Additionally, WLAN controllers help enforce security protocols such as WPA2, WPA3, and encryption standards to protect data transmitted between BYOD devices and the network.
Rising Security Concerns
WLAN controllers help enforce security policies, encryption standards, and access controls to protect the network and its users. With the rise of cyber threats and attacks, network security remains a top priority and therefore, the WLAN controller market is expected to bolster in the coming years. For instance, as per the Cyber Security Reaches Survey 2022 by the UK government, around 39% of UK businesses identified a cyber attack in 2022 with phishing attempts (83%) being the most common cyber threat. Moreover, Microsoft countered around 1,955 Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks daily in 2022. This marked a 40% rise compared to the preceding year's figures.
Restraints in the Market
The WLAN controller market is expected to show at a steady pace, however, some restraints or challenges can impact its expansion. For example, WLAN controllers especially in larger enterprise setups can involve significant upfront costs. This includes the cost of the controller hardware itself, licensing fees for software features, and ongoing maintenance expenses. Smaller businesses might find these costs prohibitive. Additionally, while WLAN controllers facilitate the management of multiple access points, scaling the system to accommodate a rapidly growing number of devices and access points can present challenges. Ensuring consistent performance and coverage across a large and expanding network requires careful planning and coordination.
North America is Expected to Grow Considerably
North America is expected to hold a significant share of the WLAN controller market during the forecast period fueled by the increasing usage of smartphones, wireless connectivity, growing adoption of remote workplaces, and increasing security concerns. For instance, around 92% of the US population was an active internet user in 2021 as per the CIA data. Moreover, the increasing investment in wireless infrastructure is also driving market expansion in the region. For instance, AT&T Inc. spent around USD 23 billion on building wireless infrastructure in March 2021.
Major Market Players
- Cisco Systems, Inc., founded in 1984 is a multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in the USA. The ASA Services Module for Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 9800 Series increases security, reliability, and performance. It supports CISCO 8540 wireless controller, CISCO 5520 wireless controller, and CISCO 3504 wireless controller.
- Aruba Networks was founded in 2002 and quickly established itself as a leader in wireless and mobility solutions. Aruba's WLAN controllers are designed to optimize wireless network performance, enhance security, and provide a seamless user experience. Its 9200 Series is ideal for midsized and large enterprises. Its 7200 Series is a large campus WLAN controller that offers up to 2.048 APs and 100 Gbps of throughput.
Key Market Developments
- In March 2023, Edgecore Network launched a new virtual WLAN controller series VEWS to enhance resource utilization, ROI, and network security for enterprises. It combines the power of virtualization with Edgecore’s bestselling WLAN gateway controller that can be seamlessly integrated with any existing VMware infrastructure.
- In March 2023, NetExperience announced the general availability of Release 3.0 by bringing a set of new features supporting Wi-Fi connectivity providers in the areas of monetization, network and workflow optimization, robustness, and scalability. Release 3.0 is based on Telecom Infra Project’s latest GA OpenWiFi release.
- In September 2021, D-Link Corporation unveiled the DIS-3650AP Outdoor Industrial AC1200 Access Point and the DIS-2650AP Indoor Industrial Access Point. The DIS-3650AP and DIS-2650AP are key components of any organization's network infrastructure in applications such as Smart Cities, Smart Transportation, and Smart Factories because they enable mission-critical connection in industrial environments.
- By Access Point
- Standalone Access Point
- Multifunction Access Point
- Controlled Access Point
- By Deployment
- By Enterprise Size
- By End-User
- IT & Telecommunication
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Market Opportunities
4.4. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.5. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. WLAN CONTROLLER MARKET ANALYSIS, BY ACCESS POINT
5.2. Standalone Access Point
5.3. Multifunction Access Point
5.4. Controlled Access Point
6. WLAN CONTROLLER MARKET ANALYSIS, BY DEPLOYMENT
7. WLAN CONTROLLER MARKET ANALYSIS, BY ENTERPRISE SIZE
8. WLAN CONTROLLER MARKET ANALYSIS, BY END-USER
8.5. IT & Telecommunication
9. WLAN CONTROLLER MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
9.2. North America
9.3. South America
9.5. Middle East and Africa
9.5.1. Saudi Arabia
9.6. Asia Pacific
9.6.3. South Korea
10. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
10.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
11. COMPANY PROFILES
11.2. Aruba Networks (Hewlett and Packard)
11.3. Dell Inc. (Dell Technologies)
11.4. D-Link Corporation
11.5. Juniper Networks Inc.
11.6. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
11.7. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd (Samsung Group)
11.8. Fortinet Inc.
11.9. Zyxel Communication Corporation
11.10. Nomadix Inc. (Gate Worldwide Holdings)
Aruba Networks (Hewlett and Packard)
Dell Inc. (Dell Technologies)
Juniper Networks Inc.
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd (Samsung Group)
Nomadix Inc. (Gate Worldwide Holdings)
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|Radio Modem Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|Wireless Gigabit Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Feb 2023|
|Router and Switch Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2023-2028||Sep 2023|
|Wireless Mesh Network Market Size: Industry Report, 2021-2026||Jan 2022|
|Multi-Cloud Networking Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 – 2028||May 2023|