Health Information Exchange Technology Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Set-Up Type (Public HIEs, Private HIEs, Hybrid HIEs), By Implementation Model (Centralized HIEs, Decentralized HIEs, Federated/Consolidated HIEs), By Solution (Portal-Centric Solutions, Platform-Centric Solutions, Messaging-Centric Solutions), By Type (Teleconsultation, Directed Exchange, Query-Based Exchange, Consumer Mediated Exchange), By Application (Web Portal Development, Secure Messaging, Interfacing & Connectivity, Patient Care Management, Workflow Management, Others), By End-User (Healthcare Providers, Healthcare Payers, Pharmacies, Research Organizations, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Jun 2023
- Report Code : KSI061615605
- Pages : 140
The health information exchange (HIE) market growth is revolutionizing healthcare data sharing and utilization. Stakeholders can securely share electronic health records (EHRs) with HIEs, which helps improve patient outcomes and care coordination. Utilizing HIE solutions facilitates seamless interoperability between healthcare systems, ensuring the swift transfer of accurate patient data. The market includes strict privacy and regulatory compliance procedures in addition to technology like health information networks and data integration platforms. Continuous innovation and breakthroughs in data-sharing protocols fuel competition. The Health Information Exchange market share is moving forward, revolutionizing healthcare delivery, driven by a growing desire for more seamless data sharing and care coordination.
The HIE industry includes application interfaces, data integration platforms, and health information networks. Modern security measures must also be implemented to safeguard patient privacy and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements like the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). In response to the growing use of electronic medical records and the requirement for interoperability between various healthcare systems, there has been a significant rise in the demand for HIE solutions. These arrangements permit medical care associations to productively convey patient information, guaranteeing that approved partners approach the right and modern data.
The health information exchange (HIE) market size, is a rapidly expanding segment of the healthcare industry that makes it possible for patients, payers, healthcare providers, and other parties to transfer electronic health records (EHRs) and other types of medical data safely and seamlessly. HIEs are essential for reducing healthcare costs, increasing patient outcomes, and improving care coordination.
Key Players in Health Information Exchange Market:
- Cerner Corporation: Healthcare organizations can share patient data through Cerner's HIE systems, enhancing care coordination and interoperability.
- Epic System Corporation: Epic provides HIE solutions that make it possible for healthcare providers to safely share electronic health records (EHRs), allowing for seamless data exchange and care coordination.
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions: Allscripts offers HIE systems that combine data from multiple sources, including electronic health records (EHRs), to provide complete patient information and enable stakeholders in the healthcare industry to exchange data in real-time.
- InterSystem Corporation: Safe data transmission and interoperability between healthcare systems are made possible by InterSystems' HealthShare technology, which also makes it possible to manage population health.
- Orion Health: Orion Health offers HIE systems that make it possible to safely transfer patient data like electronic health records (EHRs), diagnostic images, and lab results. This helps patients get better treatment together and improves their outcomes.
- Educating about the benefits of HIE for enhancing healthcare delivery.:
More and more people are realizing that health information exchange (HIE) can improve healthcare delivery. HIE makes it possible for healthcare stakeholders to effectively share patient information, which improves patient outcomes, improves care coordination, and makes decisions with more information.
- Personalized medication and patient-centred care are prioritized.:
Patient-centred care and individualized treatment are becoming increasingly important in healthcare. Each patient's uniqueness is taken into consideration in this approach, and therapy is tailored accordingly. The safe exchange of patient data, the support of individualized treatment plans, and an increase in patient participation are all reasons why health information exchange (HIE) is so important.
- Growing demand from stakeholders in the healthcare industry for seamless information sharing:
The growing demand for seamless information exchange among healthcare stakeholders is driven by the requirements for improved patient safety, care coordination, and healthcare delivery. The safe and quick transmission of patient data throughout the healthcare ecosystem is made possible by health information exchange, or HIE, which enables collaboration and well-informed decision-making.
- Data exchange and interoperability are becoming increasingly significant:
The increasing complexity of healthcare organizations and the desire to incorporate data from multiple sources are the driving forces behind the rising demand for interoperability and data interchange. Health information exchange (HIE) fulfils this requirement by facilitating seamless data sharing, encouraging efficient communication, and supporting improved clinical decision-making.
The health information exchange market is growing at a steady rate in the forecast period.
The market for health information exchange is segmented by set-up type, implementation model, solution, type, application, end-user, and geography. Set-up types is further segmented into public HIEs, private HIEs, hybrid HIEs. The solutions are further segmented into portal-centric solutions, platform-centric solutions, and messaging-centric solutions.
North America has the largest share in health information exchange (HIE) market.
Health information exchange (HIE) market share is now dominated by North America. The region's prominence can be attributed to a number of factors. First and foremost, North America has a robust healthcare infrastructure that includes robust electronic health record (EHR) systems and cutting-edge IT capabilities for the healthcare industry. Second, interoperability and data-sharing standards are given a lot of attention in this area thanks to programs like the Consolidated Clinical Document Architecture (CCDA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act. Furthermore, market expansion in North America has been aided by favourable government regulations and policies that encourage the use of HIE solutions.
- In May 2023, HealthShare Health Connect Cloud, a high-performance healthcare integration engine, is now available on AWS Marketplace, according to InterSystems, a creative data technology provider dedicated to assisting clients in resolving the most important scalability, interoperability, and speed issues. AWS Marketplace is a digital catalogue that makes it simple to browse, test, buy, and install software that runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS). It contains hundreds of software listings from independent software providers.
- In November 2022, the first smartphone-based pain evaluation and tracking application was developed by Australian company PainChek, and InterSystems, a provider of next-generation enterprise digital transformation solutions that assist clients in resolving their most pressing data issues, has announced a global partnership agreement.
- In July 2021, The state's designated health information exchange (HIE), Idaho Health Data Exchange (IHDE), is being upgraded to Orion Health's cutting-edge, next-generation HIE platform through a partnership with Orion Health, a global leader in population health management solutions.
Health Information Exchange Technology Market Scope:
|Growth Rate||CAGR during the forecast period|
|Forecast Period||2023 – 2028|
|Forecast Unit (Value)||USD Billion|
|Segments Covered||Set-up Type, Implementation Model, Solution, Type, Application, End-user, and Geography|
|Regions Covered||North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific|
|Companies Covered||Cerner Corporation, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., Epic Systems Corporation, IBM Corporation, NextGen Healthcare, Inc., Orion Health, InterSystems Corporation, Medicity (a subsidiary of Aetna Inc.), eClinicalWorks, Optum, Inc. (UnitedHealth Group)|
|Customization Scope||Free report customization with purchase|
Key market segments:
- BY SET-UP TYPE
- Public HIEs
- Private HIEs
- Hybrid HIEs
- BY IMPLEMENTATION MODEL
- Centralized HIEs
- Decentralized HIEs
- Federated/Consolidated HIEs
- BY SOLUTION
- Portal-Centric Solutions
- Platform-Centric Solutions
- Messaging-Centric Solutions
- BY TYPE
- Directed Exchange
- Query-Based Exchange
- Consumer Mediated Exchange
- BY APPLICATION
- Web Portal Development
- Secure Messaging
- Interfacing & Connectivity
- Patient Care Management
- Workflow Management
- BY END-USER
- Healthcare Providers
- Healthcare Payers
- Research Organizations
- BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- North America
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.3. Research Design
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE MARKET, BY SET-UP TYPE
5.2. Public HIEs
5.3. Private HIEs
5.4. Hybrid HIEs
6. HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE MARKET, BY IMPLEMENTATION MODEL
6.2. Centralized HIEs
6.3. Decentralized HIEs
6.4. Federated/Consolidated HIEs
7. HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE MARKET, BY SOLUTION
7.2. Portal-Centric Solutions
7.3. Platform-Centric Solutions
7.4. Messaging-Centric Solutions
8. HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE MARKET, BY TYPE
8.3. Directed Exchange
8.4. Query-Based Exchange
8.5. Consumer Mediated Exchange
9. HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE MARKET, BY APPLICATION
9.2. Web Portal Development
9.3. Secure Messaging
9.4. Interfacing & Connectivity
9.5. Patient Care Management
9.6. Workflow Management
10. HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE MARKET, BY END-USER
10.2. Healthcare Providers
10.3. Healthcare Payers
10.5. Research Organizations
11. HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
11.2. North America
11.2.1. United States
11.3. South America
11.4.1. United Kingdom
11.5. Middle East and Africa
11.5.1. Saudi Arabia
11.6. Asia Pacific
11.6.4. South Korea
12. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
12.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
12.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
12.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
12.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
13. COMPANY PROFILES
13.1. Cerner Corporation
13.2. Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
13.3. Epic Systems Corporation
13.4. IBM Corporation
13.5. NextGen Healthcare, Inc.
13.6. Orion Health
13.7. InterSystems Corporation
13.8. Medicity (a subsidiary of Aetna Inc.)
13.10. Optum, Inc. (UnitedHealth Group)
Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
Epic Systems Corporation
NextGen Healthcare, Inc.
Medicity (a subsidiary of Aetna Inc.)
Optum, Inc. (UnitedHealth Group)
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|