Metal IBC Market Size, Share, Opportunities, And Trends By Material Type (Stainless Steel, Carbon), By Content (Solid, Semi-solid, Liquid), By Application (Industrial Chemical, Food And Beverage, Building And Construction, Pharmaceutical, Others), And By Geography - Forecasts From 2023 To 2028
- Published : Nov 2023
- Report Code : KSI061616175
- Pages : 144
The metal IBC market is projected to show steady growth during the forecast period.
During the projected period, demand for metal intermediate bulk containers is anticipated to rise in end-use sectors such as automotive, construction, electrical and electronic, and packaging. Market growth is anticipated as a result of expanding international industries. Metal IBC, utilized for overseas mass transit, is constructed of carbon steel or stainless steel. Particularly for a variety of end-users like industrial chemicals, metal IBC has emerged as a crucial component of growing international trade. The use of metallic IBC considerably reduces liquid spills and spills. They benefited strategically much as a result of this. Aside from that, greater commerce and industrial output are what largely fuel the worldwide market. The operations include the requirement for vessels for import and export purposes. Containerization has significantly reduced costs for the transportation industry, which will likely continue to support the market's expansion. The use of RFID technology to trace and track IBCs has improved customer service and reduced costs, and it has also become a well-known trend among market rivals.
For cross-border bulk transportation, metal IBCs made of carbon or stainless steel are utilized. Particularly for end-users like industrial chemicals, metal IBCs have played a crucial role in the evolution of cross-border trading practices. Due to the huge decrease in occurrences of bulk liquids cracking and spilling, metal IBCs have great strategic value. Large manufacturing output and trade activities, which depend on the usage of containers for import and export, are further factors driving the expansion of the global market. They are a dependable and affordable option for transporting liquids due to their robustness and stackable construction. They are utilized in a wide range of sectors, including pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and industrial chemicals.
- Increased application due to growth in the chemical industry is directly fueling market expansion: The worldwide metal IBC market will be driven by applications in the healthcare, food and food component, building and construction, and industrial chemicals, petroleum, and lubricants sectors. The industrial chemicals sector dominates the metal IBC market. Due to its convenience of use and ease of movement, metal IBCs are mostly used for the shipment of dangerous substances in the industrial chemicals sector.
- Expansion of international supply chain and logistics is the primary reason for boosting growth: Bulk commodities are transported across borders and utilized to promote international trade using metal IBCs. Particularly for a range of end-users like industrial chemicals, metal IBCs have become an essential part of the expanding cross-border commerce activities. The number of mishaps involving snapping and leaking of bulk liquid has significantly decreased thanks to metal IBC. Additionally, growing trade activities and rising industrial output are the main drivers of the global metal IBC market.
- The metal IBC has aided in decreasing cost: Significant cost reductions in the transportation sector as a consequence of containerization are anticipated to drive the growth of the global metal IBC market. In addition to reducing costs, using RFID technology to track and manage IBCs has enhanced customer service hence fueling market expansion.
- Rising demand for heatable IBS to boost market dynamics: The most popular heatable IBCs are those that can be heated to the required temperature ranging from 20 to 150 degrees Celsius for shipping or storage of the product. The best possible product temperature is provided by stainless steel E-IBCs, ensuring the inside items' quality and shelf life. The majority of end customers in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries have a considerable demand for these metal IBCs since there is a low danger of contamination and product degradation while utilizing them.
Products offered by key companies:
- Standard 793 Gallon IBC, Hoover CS: Hoover CS stainless-steel Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs) are the most effective environmentally friendly packaging choice for the transportation and storage of chemicals. Their standard 793-gallon (3,001 litres) IBC, which is designed to last more than 25 years, is an ecologically friendly substitute for single-use packaging and helps to promote supply chain circularity. It also offers a safer method of handling while limiting residue and the possibility of spillage.
- Steel IBC Totes Tanks, Snyder Industries: Snyder steel IBC tote tanks are the ideal bulk handling option for several purposes and are offered in both carbon and stainless steel. Steel tote tanks may be designed to match the most exacting design specifications since they are manufactured using some of the most advanced IBC production machinery. Steel IBCs are best suited for uses requiring combustible substances, severe temperature exposure (> 140° F), or stringent hygiene standards.
The prominent growth in the Food and beverages sector under the End-User segment
The stainless steel segment held the major market share and is expected to continue with this over the forecast period. The stainless-steel IBC sector is anticipated to have considerable expansion in the projected period because stainless-steel IBCs are recognized to have superior wear and tear properties than carbon-steel IBCs. Because scraping is so readily available, the amount of steel produced via the electric arc furnace process has surged in underdeveloped countries which is one of the main reasons fueling market expansion.
The North American region is expected to hold a significant share of the metal IBC market:
The North American region, with a strong focus on the USA, emerged as the market leader and is poised to continue with this dominance over the forecast period. Throughout the evaluation period, it is anticipated that the USA will continue to hold the top spot in the market for metal IBCs. The USA is the biggest chemical manufacturer in the world, producing 1/5 of all chemicals produced worldwide. The market will be boosted by a high demand for chemicals from the automotive, energy, and consumer goods industries. The key factor contributing to the market driver in the region is the bulk transportation of such chemicals, which increases demand for metal IBC.
- A Joint Development Agreement (JDA) was signed by BASF, THIELMANN, and NXTGN, setting the stage for a strategic alliance in the field of intermediate bulk container (IBC) monitoring in April 2023. This aids companies that deal in the fluids transportation business to monitor and log the status of their tanks, in addition to their fill level and conditions. This openness and transparency make it possible to organize resources more efficiently and to provide tailored maintenance and full traceability.
- BY MATERIAL TYPE
- Stainless Steel
- BY CONTENT
- BY APPLICATION
- Industrial Chemical
- Food and Beverage
- Building and Construction
- BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. Market Definition
1.3. Scope of the Study
1.4. Market Segmentation
1.7. Base, and Forecast Years Timeline
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
2.2. Research Process
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Key Findings
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. METAL IBC MARKET, BY MATERIAL
5.2. Stainless Steel
6. METAL IBC MARKET, BY CONTENT
7. METAL IBC MARKET, BY APPLICATION
7.2. Industrial Chemical
7.3. Food and Beverage
7.4. Building and Construction
8. METAL IBC MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.2.1. United States
8.3. South America
8.4.1. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ANALYSIS
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1. Hawman Container Services
10.3. Acura Group
10.4. Time Technoplast Ltd
10.5. METANO IBC SERVICES, INC.
10.6. Precision IBC
10.7. HOOVER CS
10.8. SHARPSVILLE CONTAINER
10.9. Pensteel Ltd.
10.10. Snyder Industries
Hawman Container Services
Time Technoplast Ltd
METANO IBC SERVICES, INC.
|Report Name||Published Month||Get Sample PDF|
|HAZMAT Packaging Market Size & Share: Industry Report, 2019-2024||Apr 2021|
|Agriculture Chemical Packaging Market Size: Report, 2023 - 2028||Nov 2023|
|Chemical Packaging Market Size, Share & Trends: Report, 2023-2028||Oct 2023|
|Insulated Packaging Market Size: Industry Report, 2023 - 2028||Oct 2023|