Pharmaceutical Waste Management Market Size, Share, Opportunities And Trends By Type Of Waste (Non-Hazardous Waste, Hazardous Waste), By Treatment Type (Incineration, Autoclaves, Mechanical/Chemical Disinfection, Others Treatment) And Geography - Forecasts From 2019 To 2024

Published: Mar 2020 | Report Code:  KSI061611952 | Pages:  114

The Pharmaceutical Waste Management market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.70% to reach US$2,977.062 million by 2023, from US$2,017.897 million in 2017. Growth in pharmaceutical industry and increasing initiative by regulatory authorities for improving medical waste management systems are considered as the key driver for growth of pharmaceutical waste management market. According to World Health Organization out of the total healthcare waste generated nearly 85% is non hazardous and remaining 15% is infectious or toxic. Moreover increasing awareness about safe disposable of pharmaceutical waste and rising environment concerns also works as the driving factor for the growth of the market.        

This research study examines the current market trends related to the demand, supply, and sales, in addition to the recent developments. Major drivers, restraints, and opportunities have been covered to provide an exhaustive picture of the market. The analysis presents in-depth information regarding the development, trends, and industry policies and regulations implemented in each of the geographical regions. Further, the overall regulatory framework of the market has been exhaustively covered to offer stakeholders a better understanding of the key factors affecting the overall market environment.

Identification of key industry players in the industry and their revenue contribution to the overall business or relevant segment aligned to the study have been covered as a part of competitive intelligence done through extensive secondary research. Various studies and data published by industry associations, analyst reports, investor presentations, press releases and journals among others have been taken into consideration while conducting the secondary research. Both bottom-up and top down approaches have been utilized to determine the market size of the overall market and key segments. The values obtained are correlated with the primary inputs of the key stakeholders in the Pharmaceutical Waste Management value chain. The last step involves complete market engineering which includes analyzing the data from different sources and existing proprietary datasets while using various data triangulation methods for market breakdown and forecasting.

Market intelligence is presented in the form of analysis, charts, and graphics to help the clients in gaining faster and efficient understanding of the Pharmaceutical Waste Management market.

Major industry players profiled as part of the report BioMedical Waste Solution, Stericycle, Suez Environment S.A, Daniels Health, Waste Management, Inc and Stryker among others.


The Pharmaceutical Waste Management market has been analyzed through following segments:

By Type of Waste

Non-Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Waste


By Treatment Type



Mechanical/Chemical Disinfection

Others Treatment


By Geography

North America






South America








United Kingdom




Middle East and Africa

Saudi Arabia




Asia Pacific



South Korea




Explore custom options available with this study:

  • Request customization

  • Buy sections of the study

  • Buy country specific report

  • Request excel, Historical data

  • Subscription inquiry

  • Request special pricing

Our Value Proposition

Analyst Support

All our studies come with 2 months of analyst support.


We are in compliance with the global privacy laws.